I'm so ashamed..... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

I'm so ashamed.....

Just added another 4WD vehicle to the stable, and it's not a Jeep. I got a great deal on 2011 Nissan Pathfinder for the missus(the savings over her Honda meant a 25% reduction in car payments for us. Which is good, because I lost my job the next day.......)
But she's happy, and I still have my ZJ to go off on my own with. No more cramming everyone into the ZJ for the summer beach trips. Gotta say, I'm impressed at how well the 4WD system works, but as soon as the tires on it are worn, it's gotta get some AT's at least.......

That being said, it's nowhere near as much fun in the mud as the ZJ is, to many gadgets to stop you from doing the stuff the ZJ lets ya do. Looking into a lift kit for it, as soon as the money situation gets stable.

Retreat? Hell, we just got here......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 AM
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

My bud has an older one he takes to Moab. Highly modified. He's always working on it just like us Jeep snobs.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
WJ4x4LIFE

I personally like the Xterra (!!looks hip!!) more, because of it's small body compared to the large younger brother the Pathfinder. It would fit more for the young generation, anyways with that said the Pathfinder can be made into a great expedition rig, if you got the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ4x4LIFE View Post
I personally like the Xterra (!!looks hip!!) more, because of it's small body compared to the large younger brother the Pathfinder. It would fit more for the young generation, anyways with that said the Pathfinder can be made into a great expedition rig, if you got the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
No kidding, there's nothing you can't seem to get for them, but it's all big $$$$....

post #5 of 9 Old 11-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I bought a Z71 Suburban and 2000 WJ recently. I've got all kinds of work to do.

Hunter

04 4.7 HO, limited
04 4.7 HO, Overland

08 Z71 Suburban, front leveling kit with rear spacers. 285/65 18s Nitto TerraGrappler G2s

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For your performance needs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

My original plan was to hang onto the Honda and wait for the new Grand Wagoneer that's rumored to be coming, apparently it's a 7 passenger and will be trail rated, apparently my former employer had other plans....... The missus loves the Nissan, we had a 2WD version before the Honda, and we discovered that it's a very tough vehicle, especially when being T-boned by a big cadillac running at 50mph. That accident left the wife several broken ribs, but she survived. The Nissan was a write off, but that huge steel cage did it's job well. Downside: My ZJ actually gets better gas mileage on the highway, I put this down to the 4WD in the nissan, both have 4.0 motors, and the ZJ actually weighs more I believe, I have to look into that some more. The difference is minimal, only about 1-2 mpg, but it did surprise me, because our older one(same body style) got really good gas mileage(24-26 hwy) The Nissan also has a great towing capacity, which will come in handy if I ever get the pontoon boat ready for the water. I used the old one to tow the boat about 5 hours when I picked it up, on a 30ft steel I beam centerlift trailer, The ZJ couldn't handle that load, although I did use the ZJ to move it into location at the new house(4WD was needed or this operation) Tongue weight on the trailer was over 500 pounds, I wanted to weigh the whole thing but I didn't want to chance having the DOT flag me for running overweight. The Nissan averaged about 12mpg during that run, but it was a lot of weight, the trailer weighed more than the boat. In retrospect I probably should have borrowed my buddies truck, but it was a two way trip with a two day stopover at dads house to help him out with some stuff, and I didn't want to impose that much.

post #7 of 9 Old 12-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Myusername1674
1995 ZJ 

Hey at least you went nissan and not something else, I personally loooovvvveee the first gen xterras. (I think maybe it's 'cause I'm younger). Oh well have some fun with it for sure. At least you've still got tha zj

95 FiveTwo ZJ, DD, Lifted, Locked on 35s,
(in progress)

post #8 of 9 Old 12-02-2013, 04:45 PM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

My first car was a 1987 200SX. But the first car I owned and got to drive was a 90 Pathfinder. The R51s aren't quite as handy offroad, but they're a lot nicer to live with than the WD21s were. Ultimately, the reason I sold the Pathy and kept the Jeep was because the Jeep was nicer to live with and drive. The Pathfinder was a manual and not super comfy despite being a top-level SEV6. Lots more reliable than my Jeep and quicker on road, but squeaks, rattles, uncomfortable seats, and air conditioning that wasn't as cold as I'd like just couldn't add up to the plush, quiet ride of the Jeep.

The Pathfinder got me stuck once, though. One of its locking hubs broke while I was wading into some mud. The Jeep never has got me stuck. So there's that.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
post #9 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

FIL has one of the older style Pathfinders,the 51 is huge by comparison, but, I doubt the wife is ever going to take it seriously offroading, it won't fit in places the ZJ will. Forgive typing errors from this day forth. The kitten discovered that the computer keys come off if she hooks her claws under them.I got most of them back in place just fine,but she managed to break some of the clips, so my computer now randomly misses letters and spaces......FML. It'll be funny,in a few years....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.