How often do you seafoam? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > How often do you seafoam?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
JayRay08
1996 ZJ 

How often do you seafoam?

is there a limit to how much you can add to your vehicle in a year?

JayRay08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
sebian
1995 ZJ 

I add it to my gas tank about every 6 months. Obviously running every tank would eventually be a waste of money, so if you are really anal about cleaning your fuel system, running it once a month would not hurt. I have not done the combustion chamber in about 2 years though. I think that might be my parting gift to my apartment complex when I move out.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I've never used seafoam. My last zj was retired at 250k miles with the engine still running strong. Spend your money on something useful.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
EBrunson
1996 ZJ 

At least once a year and usually when I take a driving trip that is more than a tank of gas away. It does not sit in my tank for more than a day.
I drive from Midland, Texas to Miami, Florida almost every summer (for the past 5 years).
EBrunson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
TKFlight
1995 ZJ 

Some people say do it every oil change, stuff like this usually falls into personal preference though. Doing it all the time would be a waste, I'd say just do it several months past the last time you did it.
TKFlight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
JayRay08
1996 ZJ 

everyone has different methods to seafoam there car. some put a whole can in the gas tank and some do a third between the vacuum lines, crankcase and gas tank. any one method better then the other? also do you think marvel mystery oil better for the crankcase then seafoam?
JayRay08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
marcall
2004 WJ 

Never. I used a few times on my old Nissan truck trying to get rid of a mysterious lifter tick which would come and go after highway driving. I ran it for a while and then I developed a bit of bearing noise so I never used it again.

Change your motor oil regularly, used a good national brand gas from a busy station when you can like Shell, Chevron, etc. fix things when they break and do regular maintanace. then you have no need to look for a magic mechanic in a can.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.