How to change dash light on 93-98 ZJ!! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > How to change dash light on 93-98 ZJ!!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #76
JeepZjLrd
1993 ZJ 

Thank you sooooo much for posting this it has helped me alot and I turned my interior to white LED's

Unread 03-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #77
soul_Less
1994 ZJ 

looks awesome
saved this thread for future reference.
soul_Less is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #78
studmichael

hey

hey so i need 8 to do the hole guage cluster. 1 74 hp for key and 2 for the shifter. ?
studmichael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #79
JeepZjLrd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmichael View Post
hey so i need 8 to do the hole guage cluster. 1 74 hp for key and 2 for the shifter. ?
Thats correct but 1 for the shifter and 1 for the TC shifter
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #80
EMTFFNJ
1998 ZJ 

Hey thanks alot for this whole writeup, It was easy enough to follow that I did the same as yours in under an hour, Looks great. Used the blue LED Bulbs also.

EMTFFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #81
jlipka98zj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastoLorde View Post
rear doors window switch bulb, front one's I can't get into, case won't fully open

Damn it, that's a solder bulb, too. I wonder how to get the front one open (if possible). There's gotta be a way.

I have all my LED's, just need the time to do it now. I got every bulb for the entire interior except for the door switches.

I also changed all the dome/courtesy/etc lights to super white LED's and man does it look cool. I did it to my SRT8 months ago and decided to try it on this Jeep. Looks great. Particularly the footwell lights!
jlipka98zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #82
-cAcHe-
1996 ZJ 

If you have the part #'s for all the interior lights post them up here and i will update the thread. it will help out alot of people.

What are the #'s for the dome and courtesy bulbs? i would like to do mine white also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWK View Post
I like happy endings :2thumbsup:
RIP Troy Edwards (bigbluezj94)
-cAcHe- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #83
jlipka98zj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cAcHe- View Post
If you have the part #'s for all the interior lights post them up here and i will update the thread. it will help out alot of people.

What are the #'s for the dome and courtesy bulbs? i would like to do mine white also.
Map Lights (Front) - #212 x 2 (1 for each side)
Dome Light (Center, Rear Seat) - #561 x 1 (rigid loop bulb, tough to find good LED replacement)
Map Lights (Rear) - #921 x 2 (1 for each side) 921 LED - White LED
Rear Dome (Above Hatch) - #212 x 1 SUPER 6K WHITE 36 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578
Footwell - #89 x 2 (Can use 1156 bulb or anything else with BA15S base) 2 HID WHITE MSMT 27 LED LIGHT BULBS 89 1156 1073
Doors - #194 x 2 (1 for each FRONT door)

I also got carried away and did the vanity lights in the sun visors (got idea from my SRT8 Jeep)

Visors - #3022(???) x 4 (2 for each visor) HI POWER SMT 3 LED HID WHITE VANITY LIGHT BULB
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #84
Triumphil

Outsyanding post very timely.
Triumphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #85
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlipka98zj View Post
Map Lights (Front) - #212 x 2 (1 for each side)
Dome Light (Center, Rear Seat) - #561 x 1 (rigid loop bulb, tough to find good LED replacement) EDIT: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...L4410-xHP9.htm - what I bought
Map Lights (Rear) - #921 x 2 (1 for each side) 921 LED - White LED
Rear Dome (Above Hatch) - #212 x 1 SUPER 6K WHITE 36 LED DOME LIGHT BULB 212 211 212-2 214-2 578
Footwell - #89 x 2 (Can use 1156 bulb or anything else with BA15S base) 2 HID WHITE MSMT 27 LED LIGHT BULBS 89 1156 1073
Doors - #194 x 2 (1 for each FRONT door)

I also got carried away and did the vanity lights in the sun visors (got idea from my SRT8 Jeep)

Visors - #3022(???) x 4 (2 for each visor) HI POWER SMT 3 LED HID WHITE VANITY LIGHT BULB
good work, you just saved me a few minutes! lol

keep in mind, that ^^ is assuming you have a sunroof.

If you dont have a sunroof, I believe you need 4x 212-2 bulbs and no 921 bulbs or the 516

i also edited your post with a link to the 561 bulb I use

Quote:
rear doors window switch bulb, front one's I can't get into, case won't fully open

good work. Looks like the neo wedge bulbs I need to have soldered in to some of the dash panels

Quote:
didn't see this one posted before, so this one is for the ''check gauges/low fuel'' and what not (#37 on sylvania chart)

IIRC, the little idiot lights are 74's. I remember because I originally bought a 74 for them, then realized the ignition light by the key is a 74 bulb as well. Decided the ignition lit up looked better, so I went with that. Put a blue 74 behind the "gages" light and it turned purple, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GRND4U View Post
I think because the OP used "white" leds and BlackZJ as well as myself used "blue" leds.... My heated seat control module is brighter than the others but thats because the led's sit closer to the front of the module than the rest.
Right, I used blue led's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTFFNJ View Post
Hey thanks alot for this whole writeup, It was easy enough to follow that I did the same as yours in under an hour, Looks great. Used the blue LED Bulbs also.

looks exactly like mine! awesome!
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #86
Triumphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTFFNJ View Post

I really like the blue
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #87
jlipka98zj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
good work, you just saved me a few minutes! lol

keep in mind, that ^^ is assuming you have a sunroof.

If you dont have a sunroof, I believe you need 4x 212-2 bulbs and no 921 bulbs or the 516
Correct, that is WITH a sunroof. I have only owned two ZJ's and both of them are/were '98's with sunroofs. Since the non-sunroof jeeps have map lights similar to the front, I would agree that you probably need (4) ea 212-2 bulbs and neither the 561 nor 921 bulbs, as you said. Can anyone confirm?

Quote:
i also edited your post with a link to the 561 bulb I use
That 561 bulb you linked to is pretty nice. Cheap, too. Since my post, I have found some more 561 bulbs. Try about halfway down this link:

Festoon Dome Lights

You can get some larger arrays to fill out your lens better. Note, the some 561 bulbs may be a little loose on the "posts" that the bulb secures to in the light. Loose enough that the light would flicker when opening/closing doors. I just bent the rigid loops of the bulb to hold it in there tighter.

Quote:
IIRC, the little idiot lights are 74's. I remember because I originally bought a 74 for them, then realized the ignition light by the key is a 74 bulb as well. Decided the ignition lit up looked better, so I went with that. Put a blue 74 behind the "gages" light and it turned purple, lol.
Every indicator light on the gauge cluster (with the exception of the turn signals) is a 74 bulb. I got all the correct color ones for all the different idiot lights that could come on (amber for ABS, green for cruise, etc). The color gets slightly more "brilliant" but you won't notice a difference on any of them except for the turn signals. You get a much "crisper" flash with LED turn signals. Oh, and I went with low-power frosted lens LED's for the turn signals so I'm not blinded everytime my blinker is on, LOL.
Unread 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #88
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

does anyone have any other colors installed? A while ago I installed the white ones, I didn't care for the color especially mixed with the orange on the gauges. and my jeep is a green and black theme, so I bought the green ones tonight. I will get pics once they are installed. Also, I will have the white ones for sale once I pull them out if anyone is interested. I hope the green looks good.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #89
Triumphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
does anyone have any other colors installed? A while ago I installed the white ones, I didn't care for the color especially mixed with the orange on the gauges. and my jeep is a green and black theme, so I bought the green ones tonight. I will get pics once they are installed. Also, I will have the white ones for sale once I pull them out if anyone is interested. I hope the green looks good.
I would be interested in seeing the outcome I have a green Jeep as well.
Unread 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #90
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

im lookin to do the green also

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.