I'm picking this mod, since it was the cheapest, easiest solution to a very inconvenient problem. My transfer case linkage (the link with the adjustment) would always pop out when I tried to shift into 4LO, the little rubber bushings just wouldn't hold it in anymore. So here's my 15$ fix.
1. Some 5$ rod ends, I got mine from Princess Auto here in Canada, Tractor Supply Co. also has them.
2. A few fine thread bolts to match the rod ends, jam nuts and lock nuts... About another 5$
3. Cut the bolts to rough length, and weld together.
4. Finished product, painted for good measure, and some washers.
5. Installed. Only issue is that it is not double-adjustable (right hand threads on both ends), so one end will need to be unbolted to make adjustments. But this one will never fall off, and even feels more direct when you shift the transfer case. Best 15$ I've spent on the Jeep yet!