help zjzach poll - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > help zjzach poll

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

View Poll Results: which road to take
Hemi WK 6 11.32%
4.7HO WJ 14 26.42%
Get a truck and keep the ZJ as a wheelin rig 33 62.26%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

help zjzach poll

Im finally working a little more steady again, and want to start thinking of some options as far as different vehicles.

Towing as become a factor as my gf and I recently got a 16' tent trailer. My 4.0 ZJ tows it, but I want something with a little more power.

Poll options

Hemi WK

4.7HO WJ

Get a truck and keep the ZJ as a wheelin rig

edit: getting a WJ or WK I would get rid of my ZJ, still wheel and dd whichever I get, just have a better rig for towing. Also if you vote truck post what kind. thanks

Unread 02-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I'm going to say...see how the job goes and what the income is like, how your finances do over the next few weeks, and what the long-term opportunities of the position truly start to shape into before you get too far ahead of yourself. I know you're excited to have a job and income again, but all of your options are going to be pretty expensive for someone who's not had income for a while. Get your head above water first.

That said, a truck would be better for towing no doubt. A WK maybe otherwise, as you could tow with it. The ZJ will be easier to build up, cheaper, too. So keeping it would be a good idea. Overall, I direct you back to my first paragraph.
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i voted truck im a fan of ford or dodge
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

I say get a diesel truck to haul it around. Other thing is, it'll prolly get more gas mileage than the zj will around town as a DD
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Planetcat
2004 WJ 

Get something that you can do everything with (i.e. tow, camp, and wheel). I hate to say it, but a hemi WK is probably best with a nice lift and tires on it.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

3.0 crd wk
Greengc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I'm going to say...see how the job goes and what the income is like, how your finances do over the next few weeks, and what the long-term opportunities of the position truly start to shape into before you get too far ahead of yourself. I know you're excited to have a job and income again, but all of your options are going to be pretty expensive for someone who's not had income for a while. Get your head above water first.

That said, a truck would be better for towing no doubt. A WK maybe otherwise, as you could tow with it. The ZJ will be easier to build up, cheaper, too. So keeping it would be a good idea. Overall, I direct you back to my first paragraph.
yeah your right man, thats definitely more of the plan i have to realistically look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetcat View Post
Get something that you can do everything with (i.e. tow, camp, and wheel). I hate to say it, but a hemi WK is probably best with a nice lift and tires on it.
this is the way im leaning too, i dont hate to say it, WKs look sick lifted, and yea it'll do everything i need a rig to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengc4x4 View Post
3.0 crd wk
too expensive, and not many around for sale in general, plus i dont really like the fact that they stopped making them. im sure it'd be a great rig and every time i see one i drool over it, but with my luck id be the one that gets mechanical issues with expensive hard to find parts
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #8
BigMikeWJ
2002 WJ 

chevy 2500 ftw!
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
WSPJeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

3.0 CRD WK if you can find one.
WSPJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I voted WK. I love the looks of those lifted, and they seem to be well rounded for what you are demanding. My friend has one of those and he tows his boat very well with that HEMI :smile: even up hills it tugs like a champ. Plus they are just sexy jeeps. If only they werent IFS...

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
ajmorell

I say keep the ZJ and get a truck. If you are buying a truck strictly to haul that camper then pretty much any 1/2 ton should do well with a v8.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
ajmorell

I noticed that your ZJ is currently stock. If you have no intentions of modifying it, you might as well sell it and buy a WK, although a truck will tow the camper a lot better with the increased wheelbase.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #13
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

get a cummins, my buddy has one and its awesome. Plus you won't have to worry about breaking the zj as much since it wont be your dd.

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering
minimodes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
zjzach
1993 ZJ 

Thanks everybody, right now Im keeping all options open. I just started working selling Hyundai's, but I have access to the Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge dealership next door too. I sort of am leaning towards a diesel WK or pickup, but not ruling out that the right WJ could come into the picture. And yea the ZJ is still stock, so if I did get a truck that opens a lot of options and other concerns on what to do with it.
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

There are only two things I don't like about the diesel WK. First, it doesn't come with QD for some friggin reason. Why? The second, since it was such a short production model there's likely a lot less support for it, and parts will be harder to come by and cost more. Well, there's actually another reason. The cost is still pretty darned high for the age and average mileage of these vehicles. Even with all that said...I like them. And if you could install Tru-tracs, I'm not sure that you can in those axles, it'd rock.
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.