HELP! my ZJ suddently stop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > HELP! my ZJ suddently stop

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
jeffjeep2
1998 ZJ 

HELP! my ZJ suddently stop

Hi Guys;

Need your input my ZJ 4.0 6 cyl suddently decided not to run or start
I wont crank either.

here is what I know so far

1. battery is good just bought it, because I taught the cause of not cranking is due to week battery.

2. starter is good I remove it from the car and have it tested and it crank and run ( spin)

3. when I switch the igniton to and pull the lever to reverse, no backlight at all.

4. I tried to wire the middle terminal of the starter switch on the ignition and connect it to positive. no avail no crank at all just a click click.

any suggestion to diagnose will be great help.

jeffjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
jeffjeep2
1998 ZJ 

After 2 weeks of trying to figure it out. Myjeep is alive again.
Itcost me a new starter and solenoid, itcame to mind that when i start it i only hear a click
Even if supply direct 12v to S switch. I tryto hammer the solenoid or the starter and itstarts to move.

Referred it to a friend and he said he is convicedit ws a starter. Installed a new starter and it was good.
Now i have to clean and arrange the wire again and roll the jeep back on the road!

Thanks everyone for the support
jeffjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.