Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Haviiks 01 WJ (slow) Build

40K views 392 replies 44 participants last post by  RedZJ 
#1 ·
Haviiks 01 WJ Build

So I decided start a thread to keep up with what little bit I've done to my Jeep. Back in 2008 right before I got my learners I picked her up for around 7k with 95,000ish miles.

So then it just kinda chilled there until I got my license then I went balls out on sound system stuff for Christmas that year.

Started out with an Alpine CDA-9886, Alpine Components in front and rear. One Kicker CVR12 with a Rockford Fosgate 325.2 amp. Eventually grew tired of one sub and added another CVR last summer. Then I added a few other things like an amp for my door speakers, I can't find any pics of it all so if you guys wanna see it all just let me know and I can snap a few pics of it.

Then I got into four wheeling and lifting my jeep. Thats when I made the mistake of my Dad talking me out of a 4" kit and into a Budget Boost. So we got the Rough Country spacers and shocks.

Before:

After the Boost and the wicked nerf bars installed:

Then I went to Pep Boys and got my Definity Dakota All Terrains, 245/75/16, with grille guard and KCs on.

So then I went around like that for awhile and decided I hated the nerf bars, the only thing they were good for is resting your foot on them when your sitting in the jeep with the door open. I took them off and got a Yakima Megawarrior.

Now to continue this post, that pic was in April and I had my mind set on Graduation Money. I collected all my graduation money and took a trip to Germany with my good friend and met up with an old foreign exchange student. But within 3 hours of landing, I ordered the Rough Country 4" X-Series Lift kit from Casanova 4x4 and got it in 4 days later.

After Finished:

Flex In Yard:

Flex in Dirt Pile:

Thats about it for now, until my Cragars and KM2s come in hopefully Wednesday. Got some install pics too if anyone is interested. Oh yeah, painted that chrome grill during the BB install, also gonna repaint the cladding. And Im also looking into doing that gas tank lift thanks to the roof rack. The next investment in late august is Sliders. Any recommendations?

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
#2 ·
nice build so far.. really wish I could get going on mine when I find a job.

1 thing is how do you like the 4" rcx lift so far? hows the ride and such

#3 ·
Well from what Ive driven with it, I really like it. I accidentally drove about 30 miles with the sways disconnected and the ride sucked. but of course with them connected, its a great ride. I was really impressed with the shocks. Its good enough for me. Im not big on a comfortable ride. My family pulls a 39 foot fifth wheel so Im used to bad rides! haha.

#4 ·
I have the RCX also and you will be pleased with it. I thought the ride was a little harsh early on but after the springs had settled it wasnt so bad. Ill be upgrding to longarms soon though so bye bye short arms. Good looking dub you have there.

#5 ·
How much did your springs settle? I netted like 5 inches of lift and was wondering.

#6 ·
Hows your drivetrain liking the changes? if I go with the 4" lift im gonna make sure I purchase the new front driveshaft and yada yada before I get it so I have no down time. then again I have that cv style driveshaft dont know if yours in the jointed or not

Edit: You netted 5" of lift.. wow nice haha

#7 ·
Your gonna end up settling around or right close to 4". Im not exactly sure how much I netted final lift.

#8 ·
Could our WJ's look almost any more the same?
If I had removed my westin bars immediately, our WJ's would be twins except for the fact that mines the V8, and yours is the I6

Looks good so far. Keep up the good work and good luck!

#9 ·
Dude I was thinking the same thing when I saw your new jeep. Its almost the same all the way down to them G'd up snowflake wheels. I am open to trading the 6 for the 8, and I am willing to drive to new york to swap it. :p

#10 ·
Hahaha Yeahh I know.
and nah, I'll pass on that offer, sorry :laugh:

#11 ·
What are your plans for your jeep? I loved your ZJ and got excited when I saw you got a dub.

#12 ·
Haha. Well I'm picking up a set of 17" Moabs with 255-75r17 tires, and throwing on a 2" BB to fit em on there for now. Then, I was originally going with the IRO 6.5" Critical Front LA kit, with 35" KM2s, but I plan on buying a ninja around winter time, so I'm going with the 4.5" kit with the 2" BB still on there, and 33" KM2s either on the moabs or the cragars. Not sure yet because the Moabs won't give me the wide look I'm aiming for.

#13 ·
That sounds amazing. My Cragars and 32 KM2s are set to arrive tomorrow. Ill run this 4" kit and 32s until the 32s wear down. then Imma buy long arms and 2" spacers when I get new tires. I love moabs but the backspacing and 17" size is annoying. Tires get to expensive.

#14 ·
So this afternoon I took my Cragars and KM2's to be mounted. Pics of that tomorrow.

Does anyone have a good way to get On board air for just quick inflation of tires and such. I dont need anything super hardcore just enough for tire inflation when I need it. Starting to look at that kinda stuff!

#15 ·
How about an air can?

#17 ·
Alright so I got a call from the shop, telling me to come look at the tires. some major fender rub. took off the plastic and did some work and called it good till I got home. Then we got to work trimming. Did quite a bit of trimming. But its worth the extra inch of width I think.

Cell phone pic.

But Will, that may work, but Im hoping for something a bit more permanent. Im not sure haha.

#20 ·
I may do that, the main spot its rubbing is at full flex, the windshield washer fluid and such. Prolly gonna loose my fogs, oh well they dont light up much. :thumbdown:

How does it it ride? Im thinking about getting this lift kit but i want to know as much as possible. So any comments would be great about ride quality, difficulty of install etc.
Hm, the ride quality is fantastic, of course with the KM2s it wasnt like it was with the A/T's I had. I was really impressed with the suspension ride. And the install wasnt bad at all. Really easy. Impact Wrenchs help a lot. And my track bar sleeve was too small so we took the drill press to it and opened it on up. And the a-arm spacer is a pain to install because of location.

I'll get some outside pics tomorrow!

#21 ·
I know IRO sells a compressor. But its too expensive for my wallet so I stick with an aircan. Go with the kor 3/4 spacers. Im getting some next week and putting them on.

#22 ·
Some more outside pics!

Also put on my Rancho Steering Stabilizer. Really beefy and impressive SS. Pleased so far.

#25 ·
mbuck-it does fine, i havent driven it much. but from what Ive noticed its okay. Prolly gonna regear tho just to get some better mpgs.

marcua-be ready to trim, the once inch wider makes a lot of difference. But I think its worth it. Get at least 4" back space.

Thanks guys, should I go KOR at all 4 corners or just front?

#27 ·
My friends girl has a dub, i parked next to her the other day. she likes the lifted jeeps but doesnt wanna lift hers....:nuts:

But tomorrow, I am getting her aligned then maybe going wheeling on some mildddd forest roads about 30 mins away. Shes taking her Jeep I think!

#29 ·
Yeah buddy. Went to a natl forest and hit up some of those forest roads.

Random gravel patch after a sweet little mud spot.

Fun day. nothing hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.