Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Haviiks 01 WJ (slow) Build

40K views 392 replies 44 participants last post by  RedZJ 
#1 ·
Haviiks 01 WJ Build

So I decided start a thread to keep up with what little bit I've done to my Jeep. Back in 2008 right before I got my learners I picked her up for around 7k with 95,000ish miles.

So then it just kinda chilled there until I got my license then I went balls out on sound system stuff for Christmas that year.

Started out with an Alpine CDA-9886, Alpine Components in front and rear. One Kicker CVR12 with a Rockford Fosgate 325.2 amp. Eventually grew tired of one sub and added another CVR last summer. Then I added a few other things like an amp for my door speakers, I can't find any pics of it all so if you guys wanna see it all just let me know and I can snap a few pics of it.

Then I got into four wheeling and lifting my jeep. Thats when I made the mistake of my Dad talking me out of a 4" kit and into a Budget Boost. So we got the Rough Country spacers and shocks.

Before:

After the Boost and the wicked nerf bars installed:

Then I went to Pep Boys and got my Definity Dakota All Terrains, 245/75/16, with grille guard and KCs on.

So then I went around like that for awhile and decided I hated the nerf bars, the only thing they were good for is resting your foot on them when your sitting in the jeep with the door open. I took them off and got a Yakima Megawarrior.

Now to continue this post, that pic was in April and I had my mind set on Graduation Money. I collected all my graduation money and took a trip to Germany with my good friend and met up with an old foreign exchange student. But within 3 hours of landing, I ordered the Rough Country 4" X-Series Lift kit from Casanova 4x4 and got it in 4 days later.

After Finished:

Flex In Yard:

Flex in Dirt Pile:

Thats about it for now, until my Cragars and KM2s come in hopefully Wednesday. Got some install pics too if anyone is interested. Oh yeah, painted that chrome grill during the BB install, also gonna repaint the cladding. And Im also looking into doing that gas tank lift thanks to the roof rack. The next investment in late august is Sliders. Any recommendations?

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
#96 ·
Im 5' 11" and it's not that hard for me to get in, but whenever my mom decides she wants to ride along she has to hop up a little. No need for steps though I dont guess. I imagine for kids its rather usefull if its lifted up.

#97 ·
Yeah the way I get into my jeep makes it a little harder. I swing my right leg in so my left leg has to get kinda close to the jeep. Its not big deal just gotta get used to it. And it gets your pants dirty some. Oh well. Small price to pay for big protection.

TWSS.

#99 ·
I used to until I added the roof rack.

Also put some mighty putty on my diff cover to reinforce it.

yes i used that joke in another thread.

#102 ·
running into bit of a stall... i gotta buy a new drag link and rod ends .. i messed my drag up tonight doing a little mudding now it pops and cracks when i turn
..like i said i prolly wont be able to run amsoil untill the summer :(

#104 ·
ah its cool. she needs more attention anyways

#106 ·
Yeah I just read it. We were talking about it in the chat.

#108 ·
yeah dude. ive been in there a lot.

#110 ·
Nah XChat

#112 ·
As soon as I got home from class this morning I checked that thread. Didn't even enter Grand Cherokee GD.

#114 ·
The thread haha. The cherokee thread.

#116 ·
Unfortunately its closed.

I might have some drive shaft issues arising. Not sure whats up. Staying off it until I can take a gander at it. I think its fine though. Hopefully. Im prolly going wheeling monday.

#117 ·
Just got back from a day of wheeling. Actually wheeled it fairly hard today. Nothing major broke. Got some rock rash and a dent in the gas tank skid.

#118 ·
Is the skid stock or aftermarket? I know the stock ZJ skid is pretty stout, but I've never had to really test it out. The hitch, however, lol... Sometimes I'm really glad that thing's back there. I backed into a rock last year while camping, backing into a spot. There was a big honkin rock there that I heard grind. It was the hitch though. Thank goodness!

#119 ·
Its stock. And yeah I need a hitch but I really dont know where I want my money to go next. I eliminated the CO2 tank purchase...just didn't need it. This Kobalt Air compressor did fine today. about 2 mins for about 10 psi. I didn't air down much today. I really like the long arms from IRO for some more flex but I did some stuff today that could used a locker. That word was tossed around frequently.

So I'm looking at $600 for Long Arms from IRO and who knows for an axle swap and spartan locker.

#121 ·
Yeah I got the kobalt compressor for christmas and if its gonna save me a couple hundred bucks at the cost of a few minutes then its no big deal.

#122 ·
i agree the compressor is cheaper and more convenient but you can not run air tools off of it if you have a major trail repair to do and you can not re-seat beads if you pop one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.