Green ZJ, AKA: Jolly Green Giant - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Green ZJ, AKA: Jolly Green Giant

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #46
blackzj
1998 ZJ 

Hey man where is that my at I really want to go and can you send me your plans on your bumpers would like to build mine like that

blackzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

front is the sketchup bumper, rear is a copy of kingthezj's. kings you can get prints off of, front you can find with some creative wording in google

Dave's jeeps is right down the road from me in Salem Ohio, his site is www.daveysjeeps.com if you end up making the trip give me a hollar and ill tort you check the jolly giant out
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
blackzj
1998 ZJ 

Yea man I'd definitely hit you up I actually leave tomorrow so I'll have to get in contact with you
blackzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Kolak is the man, got the replacement bilstein in very quickly

Not to say I'm happy with bilstein though, if mx-6s were available in this size I'd love to get rid of these (or fox's if they were cheaper)
Talk about shot though, I'm not a muscular person by any means, and I could EASILY collapse the old one with one hand, and it was hitting a 'stop' about 4" short of full cycle

Finally got to use the, erm... socket set with the hole in it, or whatever you call it, that I bought like a year ago and forgot about. Made replacing the top nut a breeze

Random poser shot

Then worked on skids some more blah blah blah...

I'm posting all the hydro assist stuff up for grabs if anyone's interested
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #50
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Printed these at work today
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #51
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
Printed these at work today
How much for one? lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #52
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Not for sale, same reason you can't buy the jeepforum.com decals

Got the sye & lengthened driveshafts in finally over the weekend.
adjusted the alignment
finished up the belly skid minus mounting holes, should be working on that this weekend
Got the rear quarter armour pretty squared away, passangers side is on, but has a few handprints in the paint due to someone (me) being impatient lol

Tomorrow I'll work on getting the drivers side on, and getting both painted.
Then onto the led tails
And this weekend finish the belly skid and start working on the trans/engine skid.

After which I'll be working on the tube fenders

Rear quarters

SYE flange I machined

Buddy came over to wash his (stock.... ) xj, so I had to pull next to him and show off lol

A bit offtopic: I have a little htpc I build last year, that I've been watching an episode or two of a different series every night before bed or before work. Lately I've been running through the seasons of mythbusters, and happened to come across this last night. Had to pause and take a screenshot haha

Unread 07-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #53
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Played around with the drivers side rear quarter, I had a dime sided spot of paint bubbling under the gas cap hole so I decided to cut it out, and fix while I was there so it doesn't get worse once i cover it up.

Got the quarter almost ready to put on. Should have it on tomorrow night I hope.

And I'll have a set of 5" coils saturday, so she's getting 1" higher lol. I figure after the skids it'll be sitting the same height probably haha.
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #54
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Marking where the hole should be cut:

After I cut it and drilled/tapped holes for the bezel

Then got the drivers side on, and got a bunch of pics because I had a few people asking about them

Mounted a cut off switch for the winch power. I had a warn winch on my quad a few years back, and the contacts where the remote plugged in corroded one night in the garage, and shorted out, causing the winch to spool in all night long. Stretched and finally broke all the cable, burned the motor up, and killed my battery. Figure since I had this one laying around it wouldn't hurt to use.

Unread 07-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #55
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Went to club meeting saturday night

Got the 5.5" coils from a buddy in my jeep club and got those on today. Gotta love long arms, took like 35 minutes to change them all out, take wheel off, unbolt shock & limit strap and let the jack down, swap coils and put together haha

Here's how she sits now.

Then went in the backyard to do some poser shots with the small 1' hill we got haha. You think with all this scrap steel around I'd build a fawkin rti ramp already

Bolted up the belly skid

Started on the trans/engine skid
Bolted a bracket on to the trans mount, which will be the back support for the skid, front will have be figured out tomorrow after work. Still dunno what I'm going to do. I was thinking about putting a bolt back in one of the stock uca mounts with a sleeve in it, and making a hanger off of that (with a rubber bushing of course). Either that or I may just tie it into the front of the bellhousing or something, although I'd rather not do that.
Bracket:

Skid:

Then pulled it out of the garage for the night Had to take the roof rack rails off to get it out of the garage with the lift now, I have a feeling this is going to get old fast.

After that I want to redo the steps on the rockers and get the new tails in before next weekend, as i'll finally be taking it out wheeling!!!! First time this year, I can't wait

to do list (for me):
redo rocker steps
tails
rear bumper
make new trackbar mount
tube fenders & doors
suspension seats
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #56
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

I have ANOTHER ******* bilstein leaking...
I'm done with these.

Whats a comparable shock to these and lasts more than a month?
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #57
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat
I have ANOTHER ******* bilstein leaking...
I'm done with these.

Whats a comparable shock to these and lasts more than a month?
Fox?
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #58
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Fox?
I'm currently looking at them, I can't find any places that list compress/extended specs though on them, just 'for x" of lift', which I don't give a **** about.

To be honest I wouldn't mind going to a cheaper (price) shock if it held up, these haven't been as impressive as everyone says anyway, I mean you can tell a difference in ride over the cheaper shocks, but everyone makes it seem like your break your back with the cheaper ones.

I'd like to try the mx-6's but they don't come long enough, I wonder how the adjustable rancho's are
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #59
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Or try foa coil overs like bad bird did on bruiser. Obviously not as long. But I'm sure it would be good
Unread 08-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #60
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Really like my dt8000s on my 98, much beefier than any of the others.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.