I don't plan on blending them in too overly nice or complicated. I plan on just having a piece of the quarters just extend past the current tails like 5-6" and then just bend it in the neatest I can.
I do like yours though
I wonder if I need to have them angles outwards just a few degrees so you can see them from the side of the vehicle (to be legal that is)? I notice my buddies jk armor is like that
Got my lengthened driveshaft in today, gotta thank Curtis (cjtatton on ebay), awesome work!
Top is a xj front shaft (~29.5")
Middle is zj front (~32.75")
Bottom is my new one (41")
Doubt I'll be putting new ujoints in it because they're spicers and in good shape minus the light surface rust. I have a few spares in the toolbox so I'll have them if I need 'em.
And I cut apart some 2"x2" 1/4" wall tubing for the frame stiffeners (think claytons style that links front & rear LCA mounts), with a **** ton of 3/8-16 holes drilled & tapped for skids and whatever else I may end up needing to mount.
Man, that stance is perfect. Then again, it doesnt look like theres much room to flex, lol.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
I farted around with a few little odds and ends that needed fixing today, and then started working on the inverted-t otk w/ gm tre's, and getting the hydro stuff on.
Stock pass side of drag link was spinning in the knuckle when I tried to take it off, cut the nut off the top and fell right out. Moved to the drivers side, nut came off, hit it with a hammer twice and it fell right out. Get to the pitman arm... my god ...took at least two hours of fiddling around with torches, multiple pullers, pickle fork, bfh, sledge, swearing, blood.... But it finally came out.
Then got to drilling the knuckles and pitman arm out, then reaming them. Got the tie rod tube cut to length, bungs turned in the lathe and welded on, and the tre's in for mock-up. As well as getting the drag link measured and bungs welded on. I wanted to get it on tonight to get a pic for you guys, but it was still too hot to work with (I like to run a tap back through them after welding to clean anything up after they cool). Tomorrow I'll get it put on, and figure out how I'm mounting the cylinder for the hydro assist, shouldn't have any more problems now that I've got the drilling/reaming done.
Only problem is at full lock driver, its hitting the diff cover. Probably just toss the tie rod in the press and put a very slight bend in it as it only needs to move 1/4" or so away from the cover.
Ended up making it work without bending the tierod or drag, took it for a spin to make sure everything was right and then I was planning on putting the hydro stuff on, but I'm so impressed and happy with the way it is I don't think I'm going to bother.
Everyone who thinks you 'need' a steering stabilizer is full of it.
And no, I don't have plans to add one
Took scrap in saturday, and found a little piston out of a brigg's in the garage so I stuck it on the rear view
Here's everything I had planned for the hydro, but right now I'm thinking about selling it, lmk if anyone would be interested.
Then drove down the road to daveys jeeps, pulled a driveshaft, a few niner badges, and some odds and ends.
I had to take a pic of this hahaha
Then got the driveshaft on today, and removed & painted my hood vents (black) and actually made them functional!
Rest of this week between work will be devoted to skids and a new tcase linkage, next weekend I'll finally get the sye & lengthened rear DS in, and she'll be about ready to wheel.