grandche89's Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > grandche89's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

grandche89's Build Thread

So I am close to having all of the parts for my real lift so I thought I would start my build thread.

When I first got the jeep (I got it for free) off of a friend and she didn't want it anymore and just wanted to get rid of it. the only thing it needed was a new battery and I drove it home. When I got it home I realized why the 4wd wasn't working. It was because one of the motor mounts broke and the motor was sagging down and it was pushing the shifter lever out of position so it wasn't lining up with the transfer case.

after I got all of that fixed I just did general matinence for a while my friend was really into wheeling, but I hadn't been much into it yet. Then I really started to get into it so I ordered a daystar bb kit.

here it is installed with my friends 31 inch mtrs I bought off of him for 300 bucks.

bought a rockit parts air intake then decided to move it to where the stock air box was to get some colder air and built a heat shield out of a windshield visor. Also got a new valve cover.

here's how it sat as of then

also forgot to mention my first mod taking off the cladding.

I needed to get some new shocks but didn't want to wait till I got a real lift cause the ride was so bad so I ordered some black diamond AT's

old shocks

new shock

next I decided to trim my front bumper, one of my favorite mods yet by far it made my jeep look that much bigger. also painted the grill black

next I decided to keep going with the green and black theme and I tinted my tails

Next I painted my bumpers black to match the grill

then I decided it was enough time running without recovery points so I bought a kor radiator support. I am amazed at how beefy it is it looks great.

also got a rear hitch off a jf member for a great price. I cleaned it up and re-painted it

My future plans:

RE 4.5" springs

RE monotube shocks

RE adjustable control arms (all 8)

Mopar upper front & rear upper spring isolators

JKS front adjustable trackbar

JKS rear adjustable trackbar

OME steering stabilizer

JKS front swaybar disconnects

RE rear extended swaybar endlinks

RE front & rear 3-piece braided stainless steel extended brake lines

Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components (Magnaflow high flow converter, Flowmaster 70 series muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe)

Magnaflow polished stainless steel exhaust tip

Mopar upstream & downstream O2 sensors

I have ordered everything except the control arms and the shocks for my lift. Kolak has been awesome letting me make payments towards it each week I have paid for about half of my control arms and I also have the mandrel bent tailpipe and the exhaust tip ordered.

I can't wait to lift my jeep and get rid of the bb. eventually I plan on getting cragar soft 8's and 33 inch km2's and re-gearing also, but for right now the lift kit.

Here is how my jeep sits as of now

will get some better pics up later.

I hope to have my lift installed late September. I will keep you guys updated
thanks for viewing my build so far

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!

Last edited by Mudzilla6661; 09-03-2009 at 11:04 AM..
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice rig you got there.. cant wait to see the new lift on her.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Nice choice on the cia, luvin the moabs too.
Unread 08-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
indredsnake99
1998 ZJ 

Nice looking jeep you got there so far
2007 sahara 2 door wrangler stock bought 02/08/2011

Western Mass 4x4 KEVIN'S OFF ROAD IRON ROCK OFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
You'll learn a lot. I didn't know anything when I first joined this site either. (not sure if that's changed at all :laugh:)
indredsnake99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Jones
Consider the following...

That's almost exactly what my shocks looked like when I first got my jeep. Mines from Minnesota. Nice plans for the jeep, should look great when you finish.
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

i literally jumped when i saw that shock!
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the comments guys when I first joined jf i didnt know too much about jeeps but now I know a lot more. Thanks to you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spife7980 View Post
i literally jumped when i saw that shock!
yeah those were really bad and with the bb they were maxed out so I thought I should get some and when I get my lift I can sell the shocks and bb together because the shocks will be hardly used.

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Unread 08-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you still have the lower rocker cladding, you should put it back on, looks a little naked without. I left mine on and painted it black, makes it look even taller. Just my

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Jones

I think you should put all the cladding back on. After having mine off for all this time I am definitely not a fan. I'm waiting for KOR to come out with there cladding so I can put some back on.
Unread 08-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

yeah, but removing my claudding exposed some body work I need to do on my rockers, then I was thinking of putting the bottom ones back on but I don't have them maybe I can find them at a junk yard cheap then I wanted to hurculine the sides and the fenders. how do you think that would look?

Unread 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
I think you should put all the cladding back on. After having mine off for all this time I am definitely not a fan. I'm waiting for KOR to come out with there cladding so I can put some back on.
Is KOR coming out with cladding? that would be awesome I would definitely buy it from them.

Unread 08-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChe89 View Post
Is KOR coming out with cladding? that would be awesome I would definitely buy it from them.
Yeah Bryant started them last week and is sending me pictures when he gets them finished. He said they should be done soon, I'm hoping next week.
Unread 08-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #13
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

any idea of the cost? you should send me pics too when you get them if you can that would be awesome!

Unread 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

here's some more pics I will get some better non cell phone pics once I find my camera

Unread 08-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
If you still have the lower rocker cladding, you should put it back on, looks a little naked without. I left mine on and painted it black, makes it look even taller. Just my
Yeah, I thought I lost my old claudding I think I will put the rocker ones back on once I clean up the little bit of rust I found underneath them.

first side not that bad

second side will have to patch that hole

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.