Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
27K views 461 replies 23 participants last post by  DeansWings 
#1 ·
-New edit-

Grand Slam Texas main event is set for the weekend of October 19th 2013 at Hidden Falls.
http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/offroad.html

We will be having pre-run at Hidden Falls the weekend of April 20th.

We encourage you to bring your family and friends, it should be a good time.
We are also still looking for trail leaders, planners, sponsors, ect.

We are inviting Grand Cherokee/and Cherokees or any unibody jeeps. We wouldn't mind having some waggys join us as well. No offence to all the wrangler owners, its just that most jeep events are dominated by the wrangler. However the pre-run is open to all.

We will be having a giveaway for a set of wj Bushwacker fender flares at the main event.
Notch Customs should be joining us as well and might share some goodies too.
We are working on gaining a few more sponsors before the main event comes.

A group of us decided we would like to see a "Grand Slam Texas" annually here in Texas.
We started this thread to see if we could gain a little more interest.
If your interested please post.
We would like to know what you think and what you would like to see come out of this event.
We welcome any input, ideas or questions.

Be sure to join our Facebook group too-
http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/173929869420792?ref=bookmark&__user=100000454207551

What is a "Grand Slam"?
No its not just a Dennys breakfast meal.
Here is a example of GSW (Grand Slam west)- http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/

Alternate links for "Grand Slam Texas"
http://www.lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?63300-Grand-Slam-Texas
http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/showthread.php/2794-Grand-Slam-Texas
http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?25267-GRAND-SLAM-TEXAS&highlight=grand+slam+texas

See less See more
#270 ·
That's a record for you isn't it:laugh:

What a good day to be out on the trails:(:cheers2:

#272 ·
Well I couldnt get to many pictures because I was lead all day. So between trying every obstacle first and then guideing Deanswings I mean "Bypass" up stuff before jack aka MGDWJ skinny petaled over everything trying to ramp every rock and pebble. But it was a badass time. Had to be winched out of a mud hole, broke a sway bar, and bent my tail pipe so how's that for a jk with paper plates.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle

#273 ·
Looks like a good time, wish I made it. Looks like it was a bit muddy.
Thanks for the pics. Still waiting for more:)
Everyone make it out ok?

#276 ·
Snoopy, pent house, Wildcat stairway, baby back, turkey creek, international highway, green horn 2, royal gorge, something falls, and just I went up carnage canyon then came down. And I think MGDWJ was about to do ujoint buster when I was leaving.

I really wanted to do wet and wild, and bronco buster but there wasn't enough time.

#280 ·
LonestarZJ said:
there is one spot on No Name going the regular direction that can be challenge, the bypass isn't much easier.
Yea we hit that, I'm pretty sure. Dunno which way we were going but I tried the bypass cause I didn't think I had enough clearance for the main obstacle, but it was even more sketchy. Jack eventually coached me over the obstacle. Videos to follow

#283 ·
Pretty sure. Jack talked me into doing a lot. Went down loose rock in the dark, for example. Couple others I can't remember. Had a blast

#284 ·
Yeah, wish I could have made it too, I was really looking forward to some night wheeling. But we'll have the other pre-run/meeting to do, and I have to be there the same weekend for a WFTW pre-run. Ya'll should go to Wheeling for the Wounded event, May 3-5th, $75 for 3 days wheeling, camping, and meals on Sat. It would be awesome to have one group of all GC's.

#286 ·
AustinTexasXJ said:
Hahahah, yeah you should of done penthouse and wildcat stair way. That would of really made you cringe. How late did you stay?
We may have... Got a little lost for a bit. We wheeled till about 8. Then when Jack and Crystal were loading up the trailer I took Ashley up feeders creek to the high spot on the north pole just to show her the beauty she missed earlier. Kinda hard to see the views in the dark though

#287 ·
Guess who bent his frame rail!!! This guyyyyy!

I belly flopped it twice so I'm not sure which time did it. That skid plate mount is 1/4" at least, and that's nice and bent as well. A little upset, but hopefully it doesn't cause any future issues.

More pics, starting with the view from my hotel room.

I didn't get very good videos, but I will soon trim them up and get some screen grabs and what not. Had an absolute blast, and I can't wait to make it back. Need a few upgrades/repairs first.

#289 ·
Guess who bent his frame rail!!! This guyyyyy!

I belly flopped it twice so I'm not sure which time did it. That skid plate mount is 1/4" at least, and that's nice and bent as well. A little upset, but hopefully it doesn't cause any future issues.

More pics, starting with the view from my hotel room.

I didn't get very good videos, but I will soon trim them up and get some screen grabs and what not. Had an absolute blast, and I can't wait to make it back. Need a few upgrades/repairs first.
On royal gorge you hit pretty hard but your zj did beast. Are there any videos of my jeep doing anything?

#293 ·
MOAR pics

Hella Stuck

These are all screen grabs from videos

#295 ·
And kinking my cable :cheers2:

#300 ·
Looks like a pretty fun park/trip. Been enjoying all the pics:drool:
Can't wait to check it out myself. I just worry about breaking something and not being able to make the 6hr drive home.

#301 ·
I feel ya. I was pretty nervous going into it, though I only had a 3 hour drive and another vehicle at home. About half way through the day, I threw caution to the wind. Needless to say, a bent frame rail and some increased bump steer later, I made it home in the time to catch the end of the Packer game! I <3 Jeep!

#310 ·
I just edited a long music video and uploaded to youtube, but stupid copyright blocked it. So I gotta find new music... but soon I promise

#311 ·
I have it formatting now. It says it'll take like 3 hours, and then it takes like 4 or 5 hours to upload. So tomorrow it should be up

#312 ·
Hopefully this doesn't get taken down. It says not available on mobile, but should work on a computer.

#315 ·
sweeeetttness!!!

I wish there was more videos of my Jk hitting the harder stuff but o well.

and :rofl: at me getting stuck hahahaha :cheers:

Plans for april.

1. set trails for fall (stock class, light modify, Buggy/heavy mod)
2. get GOOD videos and Pictures to send to sponsors to show them what we are doing.
3. talk to the staff at Hidden falls about the event we are planning, see what way they can help anything.
4. wheel and drink beer
5. dont break anything.
6. GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED. :mad::mad:

#314 ·
MGDWJ said:
im having no luck trimming and converting my files. the freaking gopro cinaform keeps crashing
I used a free program called videopad. It's pretty easy to use

#317 ·
AustinTexasXJ said:
sweeeetttness!!!

I wish there was more videos of my Jk hitting the harder stuff but o well.

and :rofl: at me getting stuck hahahaha :cheers:

Plans for april.

1. set trails for fall (stock class, light modify, Buggy/heavy mod)
2. get GOOD videos and Pictures to send to sponsors to show them what we are doing.
3. talk to the staff at Hidden falls about the event we are planning, see what way they can help anything.
4. wheel and drink beer
5. dont break anything.
6. GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED. :mad::mad:
Yea I felt bad that there weren't more of you, but you most of the videos I got were from after you left

#320 ·
its cool, the girls bailed and my sister was not about to get dirty to take vids or pics. she will ride in the jeep through everything but shes not getting out.

and plus I kept getting so far ahead of you guys. I had to stop and wait like every 10 minutes :cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.