Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
27K views 461 replies 23 participants last post by  DeansWings 
#1 ·
-New edit-

Grand Slam Texas main event is set for the weekend of October 19th 2013 at Hidden Falls.
http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/offroad.html

We will be having pre-run at Hidden Falls the weekend of April 20th.

We encourage you to bring your family and friends, it should be a good time.
We are also still looking for trail leaders, planners, sponsors, ect.

We are inviting Grand Cherokee/and Cherokees or any unibody jeeps. We wouldn't mind having some waggys join us as well. No offence to all the wrangler owners, its just that most jeep events are dominated by the wrangler. However the pre-run is open to all.

We will be having a giveaway for a set of wj Bushwacker fender flares at the main event.
Notch Customs should be joining us as well and might share some goodies too.
We are working on gaining a few more sponsors before the main event comes.

A group of us decided we would like to see a "Grand Slam Texas" annually here in Texas.
We started this thread to see if we could gain a little more interest.
If your interested please post.
We would like to know what you think and what you would like to see come out of this event.
We welcome any input, ideas or questions.

Be sure to join our Facebook group too-
http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/173929869420792?ref=bookmark&__user=100000454207551

What is a "Grand Slam"?
No its not just a Dennys breakfast meal.
Here is a example of GSW (Grand Slam west)- http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com/

Alternate links for "Grand Slam Texas"
http://www.lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?63300-Grand-Slam-Texas
http://www.forbiddenjeeps.com/showthread.php/2794-Grand-Slam-Texas
http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?25267-GRAND-SLAM-TEXAS&highlight=grand+slam+texas

See less See more
#132 ·
mjWJ12 said:
So what does the pre run consist of?
Also if i were to come is it just one day of trail riding?

Sent from my WJ.
The pre run for GST is for us founding people to meet up, wheel, talk about which trails we are gonna run. We need trail guides, trail leads, and what ever else comes up.

I'll be there just for the day

#133 ·
AustinTexasXJ said:
The pre run for GST is for us founding people to meet up, wheel, talk about which trails we are gonna run. We need trail guides, trail leads, and what ever else comes up.

I'll be there just for the day
Ya lucky you because your a few miles away. I'm 543 miles away.lol

Sent from my WJ.

#137 ·
Look at all this activity... gets me excited. I will be heading to hidden falls for the 15Dec pre-run Saturday morning, wheeling all day, spending the night at a hotel and (if my rig isn't too banged up) exploring marble falls that Sunday.

#138 ·
DeansWings said:
Look at all this activity... gets me excited. I will be heading to hidden falls for the 15Dec pre-run Saturday morning, wheeling all day, spending the night at a hotel and (if my rig isn't too banged up) exploring marble falls that Sunday.
Just so you know there isn't much to explore in marble falls but if anyone is down to jeep train to llano for the best damn BBQ ever let me know. Or we can hit up long ranch for some wheelin

And I'm soooo excited, I just wish we could get more people on the bandwagon

#139 ·
AustinTexasXJ said:
Just so you know there isn't much to explore in marble falls but if anyone is down to jeep train to llano for the best damn BBQ ever let me know. Or we can hit up long ranch for some wheelin

And I'm soooo excited, I just wish we could get more people on the bandwagon
Time is on our side

#141 ·
Man, I wish I would be able to make it. My Grand isn't ready yet and the wife just wrecked her car last night. So, until the insurance company comes through I won't be doing much at all to the jeep.

#143 ·
Spoke to Nate @ Artec, they seem interested in GSW, just waiting on us to set a date and get the info back to them. Maybe we can get a 8.8 truss and bracket kit from them to raffle off or as a prize giveaway.

#144 ·
Hopefully we will set a date on the 15th. I need final dates for vendors also.

Let's talk shirts! Sooo Dec 15th let's get our GC's together for a pic that we can screen print on the front of our shirts. Oldest to newest left to right. I think it would make for a badass shirt with sponsor logos on the back.

#145 ·
AustinTexasXJ said:
Hopefully we will set a date on the 15th. I need final dates for vendors also.

Let's talk shirts! Sooo Dec 15th let's get our GC's together for a pic that we can screen print on the front of our shirts. Oldest to newest left to right. I think it would make for a badass shirt with sponsor logos on the back.
I like it!

#147 ·
yeah, i think one of each would work better than one big pic. Even if we have individual pics, I have a guy that can overlay them and make a logo for the shirts. Maybe do a little short photo entry for each model and vote on the favorite pics to use on the t-shirts.

#148 ·
Or we use the jeeps of the first people in the idea of GST. Mmmmmmm...

Or let's get a wj and a zj flexing up on something faceing each other.

The shirts will say this.

"Grand Slam Texas
(Jeep pic)
Let the comradry continue"

The back will say
"hiddenfalls adventure park"
(dates)
Sponsor logos

#166 ·
You doing a thread for it? Would love to see!

#167 ·
I will definitely take a lot of pictures and throw a thread up. It will be a modification of the rough country long arm so that should be cool. I will triangulate the rear, maybe double. And the rear control arm bracket on the frame from rough country sucks, so I will ditch that for a custom setup.

#172 ·
Not sure if I'm gonna make it, finished up putting in my new 8.8. I'm out of adjustment on my control arms, so my driveshaft is too long now. If I can get the billet pinion yoke from ECGS in time it will shorten it about an inch, but the u-joint @ the TC is in a bind @ full extension. Doubt I can get a double cardan shaft here in time.
Pic is @ ride height.

Attachments

#174 ·
Yeah, I really don't want to build one now and have to get another when I do the Rubi T-case and longarm upgrade. $60 for a yoke or local shop to cut mine down, but that doesn't fix the bind at the top joint. A front driveshaft won't hold up in the rear, tube is to small, especially behind a V8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.