Grand Cherokee Limited Repairs - Are These Prices Fair? -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Grand Cherokee Limited Repairs - Are These Prices Fair?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRugged Ridge Euro Tail Light Guards - Stainless Steel*NEW* UnderCloak Integrated Skid Plate System

Unread 08-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #1
Grand Cherokee Limited Repairs - Are These Prices Fair?

Hello Jeep enthusiasts,

I have a question about some estimates I was recently given.

My vehicle is a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, it has about 110,000 miles on it.

I took it into my local Jeep area after I received a letter about a recall to get checked out. There were a few other things that were bugging me that I wanted them to check out, including a loud whirring noise at certain speeds which was annoying.

I haven't received a full estimate yet, just a quote over the phone, and here's what they got for me:

1) Left exhaust manifold leak - $700
2) Water pump leaking - $300
3) Pinion and carrier bearing, said they would have to rebuild it - $1,200. I said that's pretty steep and he said yes, it is. I asked what would happen if I didn't fix this and he said it would get louder.

So they're looking for $2,000 to get the Jeep going. They fixed the recall situation of course but I still think that's nuts. The vehicle is 2006 but I only bought it last year. If I were to not fix those things, would it cause something to drastically go wrong and destroy the vehicle? Or are they fixes that I can live with (out of necessity), because I certainly don't have $2,000 to pour into a 10 year old vehicle.

Please let me know your thoughts, anything helps.

Mustangt125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.