GraKee99 WJ build thread - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > GraKee99 WJ build thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #496
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I hate you for where you live. Both of you. That is all.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #497
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
keep me updated on this install...i have had my gtp louvers just sitting in my room since june along with the mopar paint...ive tried taking it to a body shop but they just put me down saying they cant be installed because they are going to mess up the skeleton of the hood and the first time i close my hood it will crinkle

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #498
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I will try to do a write up. I don't plan on cutting the skeleton when I do it. I think I can avoid in that position. I might do it tomorrow if I'm not bring lazy on my day off.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #499
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Went to Moab this past weekend and meet up with some JF people. Had a blast! Ended up running Hell's Revenge, Potato Salad Hill, and Kane Creek. Some photos from the weekend.

Hell's Revenge

Kane Creek

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 10-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #500
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Potato Salad Hill

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #501
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99
Went to Moab this past weekend and meet up with some JF people. Had a blast! Ended up running Hell's Revenge, Potato Salad Hill, and Kane Creek. Some photos from the weekend.

Hell's Revenge

Kane Creek
Nice pictures...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #502
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I have never run Kane's creek, jealous. It was great wheeling with you again, you're a great spotter!
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #503
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

damn those spyderlocks are sexy
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #504
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
I have never run Kane's creek, jealous. It was great wheeling with you again, you're a great spotter!
It is pretty tippy. I would consider it worse than tip over challange or do tip over challange about 5 times. Wouldn't have been bad if I had installed my swayloc. It is awesome once you get to the canyon floor and it is cool and you splashing through water. Like nothing else in Moab. Maybe we can do a trip in March or April sometime.

And Will, if you want a rear bumper like ProtoFab, I should be able to get one built and you could have it built to your liking. Probably be a bit cheaper or atleast you could decide on how you wanted to look. Maybe this winter once I finish mine, you could see how you like it. PM if you want to talk about it or send me a text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
damn those spyderlocks are sexy
Thanks. They have been taken a beating lately. The outside ring makes contact with rocks a lot. They have definitely got used this year. I wouldn't recommend them if you want your wheels to look perfect. Once I clean up the jeep, I will get some photos of them.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 10-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #505
theksmith
2003 WJ 

great pics! headed back to Utah myself this weekend (to The Swell).
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #506
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
It is pretty tippy. I would consider it worse than tip over challange or do tip over challange about 5 times. Wouldn't have been bad if I had installed my swayloc. It is awesome once you get to the canyon floor and it is cool and you splashing through water. Like nothing else in Moab. Maybe we can do a trip in March or April sometime.

And Will, if you want a rear bumper like ProtoFab, I should be able to get one built and you could have it built to your liking. Probably be a bit cheaper or atleast you could decide on how you wanted to look. Maybe this winter once I finish mine, you could see how you like it. PM if you want to talk about it or send me a text.
LMK when you plan on heading back in the spring. If I can break away, I will join you....as long as it isn't over EJS that is. I think this year was my last trip over Jeep Safari. Too many people, you can't run the trails you want to.

And regarding the bumper, I will send a PM.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #507
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

how many bolts are your beadlocks? any problem with them losing air or balancing?
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #508
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

What PSI are you running in the pictures?
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #509
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc
how many bolts are your beadlocks? any problem with them losing air or balancing?
It's 24 bolts. No problem losing any air at this point. I go out once a month with a torque wrench and check every bolt. But that is just part of owning beadlocks.

As far as balancing, I have 8oz of balancing beads in each. Now, let me elaborate on the balancing. My jeep has only seen very little road use. It gets trailered everywhere so I have no clue on balancing at high speeds. I have gone 60 before and everything seems good. That is the most honest I can give on balancing.

With that being said, my plan this winter is to get my jeep drivable for long distances again. When I researching beadlocks, I found that balancing these along with many others was very doable so don't get discouraged about balancing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702
What PSI are you running in the pictures?
I have 8psi in them most of the time. Sometimes I put more depending on the situation.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 10-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #510
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

what do you torque the bolts to?

i picked up a set of 36 bolt beadlocks. ive heard about airsoft bbs in them to balance, but i havent actually heard how well it works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.