GraKee99 WJ build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > GraKee99 WJ build thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 12-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #31
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Went and did some offroading today. Trail was suppose to be an easy walk through so I decided to not disconnect or air down. Had about 3 tricky spots but made it through it. And my friend tried a tricky way in his CJ7 at one of the points and laid it on its side. Winched out with no damage though. Friend does this all the time, I think he gets amusement out of it.

Had a couple passengers get some action shots finally so it isn't just pictures of my friend's jeep. Trails were Mountain Creek and it had some awesome waterfalls, and the other was the Alaskan Pipeline. Not many pictures of this ones cause it was a walk through but fun none the less.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #32
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Yes, I drive with my eyes closed.

Who let him drive

Got a little captian?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Last edited by GraKee99; 12-04-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Unread 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #33
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

And mods, none of this illegal. I know there is a picture of a cat driving by but that is actually a bypass road that all the trails meet on to go back to the main road. They are still working on it.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 12-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #34
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Nice wheelin pics grak, good to see trail pics of your WJ..
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #35
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Thanks John, it is nice to have some semi decent action shots. Usually it is everybody else's rig who I take pictures of or my jeep sitting when we stop.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 12-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #36
g-off70
2000 WJ 

what did you tent your headlights with?
g-off70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #37
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

20% window tint so it can be easily removed if needed. They actually sold a kit on ebay, don't know if they still do but it comes with the headlight, blinker and fog light. I just used the blinker part.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #38
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Hey Grakee, I was just checking out your thread and I couldn't help notice. Is it me or is your steering stabilizer hanging lower than it should?

Mine for reference:
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #39
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Yep it does that for some reason.

I actually have the KOR dual SS kit and plan to move it higher. I just got the brackets on Wednesday and was trying to tighten down a bolt on Thursday in 20 degree weather before I but on the new SS and took the old one off. My socket slipped of the nut and my thumb flew into the plastic edge of my bumper.

So needless to say I didn't get it installed and now have a huge cut in my finger. It will get installed soon.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 12-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Yep it does that for some reason.

I actually have the KOR dual SS kit and plan to move it higher. I just got the brackets on Wednesday and was trying to tighten down a bolt on Thursday in 20 degree weather before I but on the new SS and took the old one off. My socket slipped of the nut and my thumb flew into the plastic edge of my bumper.

So needless to say I didn't get it installed and now have a huge cut in my finger. It will get installed soon.
Oh ok...I thought I'd ask because it looked like it was just waiting to be crushed by a rock sorry about your finger...we've all had almost that same thing happen to us at one time or another
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #41
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Thanks man. Ya, lucky a rock hasn't caught it yet. And this isn't the first time I have cut up my hands working on my jeep, I think the cold got me this time as I usually keep working.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 12-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #42
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

GraKee sweet ride! I would like to do mine the same way, kinda. I love the wheeling pics! Keep up the excellent pics and keep them coming!
Unread 12-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #43
thilinaw
2000 WJ 

Love what you have done with the jeep....I like how much better the new grille looks...where did you get it?? I want to do the same but it costs so much!!
and one more question how did you tint the lights?? did you replace them or is is just a sticker??

"Getting there isn't half the fun, It's all the fun"~Robert Townsend
thilinaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #44
BHand89
1999 WJ 

Looks awesome Brian! I really like the 04 Grille along with the tinted turn signals. I might have to do that... Any insight on how to do it?
BHand89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #45
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's good to see wheelin' pics...I must have missed them before. It seems pretty capable with such a mild lift, and the intact front bumper keeps it lookin' good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.