GraKee99 WJ build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > GraKee99 WJ build thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
I have been told that a lot. I am going to wait to get bumpers to do the sides. And maybe Kevin will have his new cladding out so I just get that and don't have to paint anything. After painting an entire CJ, I am taking a break from it.
I understand. You huffed too much paint from the CJ, and we all get to look forward to seeing you on 'Intervention', right?

What's this about Kevin making cladding?

Unread 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I actually didn't wear a mask because I'm dumb and had paint in my nose hairs for about 3 days. That sucked something aweful.

Kevin is suppose to be making metal side cladding or at least that is what I heard. If not, maybe I will fab some up. I will have a nice shop with all kinds of tools and such.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
Dillonzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
The WJ it looks like its ready for just about anything. I like how you tinted the headlights I might try that with my jeep.

Crane Cam shaft and Crane, Roller Rockers, bored .030 over, edelbrock performer heads, M1 Intake manifold, Fasstman throttle body, magnacore wires, platinum plugs, K&N FIPK, dough thorley headers,3" high flow cat, 3" magnaflow mandrel bent exhaust, SCT tuned

***future mods -5.5 IRO LA - KOR sliders -KOR roof rack -

SOLD-
95' JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
188k 5.2L v8 White 98 ZJ rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmd454 View Post
...we all know they empty our pockets...yet they fill our hearts...

MY BUILD THREAD
Dillonzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #19
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Thanks Dillion and go for it. It is cheap and easy to do. I made this thread to hopefully inspire and give ideas to others.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
tennesseewj
2004 WJ 

Looking good man, one of my favorite WJs since it's about the point that I want to be at right now
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #21
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Thanks man, did you get your sliders ordered yet or not go?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 11-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Grakee you've inspired me to get front upper adj. control arms
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Glad I could help

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 11-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #24
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

what kind of roof rack set up you have going there? I really like the way it looks

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #25
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsaharatj View Post
what kind of roof rack set up you have going there? I really like the way it looks
The roof rack in the earlier pictures was a Coleman roof rack. The discontinued them and Costco had a huge sale where they were going for around $70 shipped. So I picked one up and then got an extension and net.

The bars are yakima. Most of the pictures are either just the bars and clamps or the bike set up.

I actually just sold the rack yesterday to help fund the Colorado move. I didn't use it that often, maybe 10 times since I owned it so I figured I could let it go. If I get the desire to get another one, I guess I will.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 11-26-2009, 04:26 AM   #26
Bshipp
2004 WJ 

im just gettin into the wj world and got a 2 in bb, so if i wanted to upgrade a higher like you did, i could keep my new shocks (skyjackers) and just get new springs? im guessing it more complicated than that but jsut wonder what all is need to go from a 2in bb to somthing like yours thank! oh btw i love your jeep!
Bshipp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:37 AM   #27
tennesseewj
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Thanks man, did you get your sliders ordered yet or not go?
Not quite. My cursor was on the order button but I decided to add them to my Christmas List instead so I could keep some extra money in the back until January. I'm going to pay the Jeep off then so I wanted to make sure I was going to have plenty of money to do that and get me through spring semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshipp View Post
im just gettin into the wj world and got a 2 in bb, so if i wanted to upgrade a higher like you did, i could keep my new shocks (skyjackers) and just get new springs? im guessing it more complicated than that but jsut wonder what all is need to go from a 2in bb to somthing like yours thank! oh btw i love your jeep!
You could probably get away with keeping the shocks you just bought but I think you would want to pick up an adjustable track bar to re-center your front axle.
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #28
subeng
2000 WJ 

What length are your yakima bars? I just picked up a 58" pair on Ebay, that's what we have on the Outback wagon and its nice to have the extra 10" or so sticking out from each side for bike racks. Might catch too many tree limbs on the WJ though.
subeng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #29
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshipp View Post
Like tennessewj said, if you got 3" of lift, you will want an adjustable track bar and longer front links and possibly rear.

I have switched shocks since I am at 3" now. I actually run a shock on my WJ that isn't a WJ front shock. It is a ZJ shock and the length is perfect my set up. I measured what legnth I wanted extended and collapsed and it turned out to be a ZJ shock. I won't go into details because I am very proud of the way my rig can twist up, have to see it in person for me to give away detail.

But you probably could get away with a 2" shock on 3" of lift for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeng View Post
What length are your yakima bars? I just picked up a 58" pair on Ebay, that's what we have on the Outback wagon and its nice to have the extra 10" or so sticking out from each side for bike racks. Might catch too many tree limbs on the WJ though.
Mine are 48". I have actually caught mine on trees and limbs before. The extra width would be nice but I just can't risk catching one while wheeling anymore than already do.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Last edited by GraKee99; 11-26-2009 at 02:41 PM..
Unread 11-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #30
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Had to switch my tires back to the MTRs this morning. Drove to Little Rock and back for thanksgiving so I run my stock sized BFGs to get better mpgs. Was bored so I decided since there aren't really any flex shots, I would post a couple. Front sway bar was still connected but it still does alright.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.