got some thing little for my jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > got some thing little for my jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
fivespeedsteed

let him try it out. if everything is installed correctly and you use it correctly and something goes wrong zone should take care of you. hes stepping outside of the normal iro path and trying something different. you never know guys.

give it a shot, let us know how the install went, and check stuff as much as you can, and let us know. enjoy your lift sir

2001 Yamaha Waverunner gp1200r
fivespeedsteed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #17
zippome
2000 WJ 

thanks to those who are supportive. and yes the boxes were fine
4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake
zippome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
PitBull4X4
1989 MJ Comanche 

Everyone will put you down if you don't buy the IRO lifts. You will hear how bad they are from people that have never had them. I'm sure that the Zone will be good for you. I would like to know if IRO had any trouble when they started? I'm sure they did and everyone hated them. From what I have heard Zone might be associated with BDS. Good luck with yours.
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #19
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull4X4 View Post
Everyone will put you down if you don't buy the IRO lifts. I'm sure that the Zone will be good for you. I would like to know if IRO had any trouble when they started? I'm sure they did and everyone hated them. From what I have heard they might be associated with BDS. Good luck with your.
Who is associated with BDS? IRO or Zone?
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
zippome
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull4X4 View Post
Everyone will put you down if you don't buy the IRO lifts. I'm sure that the Zone will be good for you. I would like to know if IRO had any trouble when they started? I'm sure they did and everyone hated them. From what I have heard they might be associated with BDS. Good luck with your.
from what i heard, zone was pretty big with the JK crowd. i dont know about being associated with BDS though. there is a zone rep on here so maybe he'll chime in
4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #21
zippome
2000 WJ 

got this from their site.

Zone Benefits

* Experience - We've been involved in designing and selling lifted suspension systems for over 20 years
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #22
tirus89
1993 ZJ 

Zone is big with the JK crowd, know a few guys who have had their lifts. Then again JK guys are big with RE because Jeep will honor the vehicle factory warranty on the JK if the lift is inspected and approved by the dealership. Hopefully you have good luck with the lift. Every lift has its weak points somewhere, so don't fret.

//93 ZJ//5.2L//NP249//K&N Fipk Gen II//2" BB w/BD AT Shocks//4.10's//31" Cooper Discovery STT's//Cstm Frnt Bmpr//Custom Rear Tube Bmpr//3" Magnaflow exhaust w/high flow cat//500RMS Pioneer Amp//600RMS 12" JL Audio Sub//
tirus89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #23
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Treks (TNT)> Claytons> IRO> Zone> Rustys> Rocky Road> budget boost

But seriously, just be stoked that you now have an actualy lift, with arms, trackbars, tall springs, and everyone with a mere BB is jealous. Good luck and have fun, Be sure to post some pictures with the lift and new tires.

www.mountainvistafabrication.com

Last edited by FortCollinsZJ; 03-04-2009 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: crap! forgot treks
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #24
tirus89
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortCollinsZJ View Post
Treks (TNT)> Claytons> IRO> Zone> Rustys> Rocky Road> budget boost

But seriously, just be stoked that you now have an actualy lift, with arms, trackbars, tall springs, and everyone with a mere BB is jealous. Good luck and have fun, Be sure to post some pictures with the lift and new tires.
How can you even put RRO on that list...

//93 ZJ//5.2L//NP249//K&N Fipk Gen II//2" BB w/BD AT Shocks//4.10's//31" Cooper Discovery STT's//Cstm Frnt Bmpr//Custom Rear Tube Bmpr//3" Magnaflow exhaust w/high flow cat//500RMS Pioneer Amp//600RMS 12" JL Audio Sub//
tirus89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #25
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I don't think there's anything that could have been done to it in shipping, aside from a truck driving over it, that would be more abusive than just driving on it.

It's the threaded rod that bent - I'd wager it's a piece of all-thread and possibly not designed for the use. You could try asking around at Machine shops or somewhere to see if you can get a chunk of threaded rod with some good high quality hard steel to replace it with.

On the other hand, it could have just been a bad chunk of steel from the factory. It does happen.

My personal beef with Zone Offroad though is their use of tribal patterns for their logo. So very 90's bad-***.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #26
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirus89 View Post
How can you even put RRO on that list...

I was thinking the same thing with BB.
Unread 03-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #27
coupleofjeeps
1992 YJ Wrangler 

get'r goin and bring the pics
coupleofjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #28
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O
1990 MJ Comanche 

Hey Guys

I just wanted to jump on here and say that we do pay attention to our customers and the feedback that we recieve. Inproper installation can often lead to problems, however we are aware of the track bar complaints and the R&D department is working on this. I will assure you, customer service is a top priorty, as well as selling quality parts at a great value. We have many customers more than pleased with their lifts. Here are a few!

http://zoneoffroad.com/blog/?cat=52

www.ZoneOffroad.com

"Like" Zone Offroad on Facebook

BLOG| CUSTOMER RIDES GALLERY| YOUTUBE CHANNEL | PROJECT MJ BUILD

PM me for details on our Jeep Forum FREE SHIPPING promotion offered on $300+ orders of Zone. If you have any questions about our products, post in our section or shoot me a PM.
Zone_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
dfloyd
1999 WJ 

I think it's cool Zone steps in and gives thier opinion and i have seem them do so several times. Enjoy the lift and let us know how it goes

Damn my attention deficit dis....... ooohh shiny!
dfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
zippome
2000 WJ 

on top of the lift i just got i decided to spoil my jeep rotten with the insurance money i got from the break in. i ordered my new cb (cobra 76 xtr) and a new window, lock actuator, and a crossbar for a light bar (thanks quadratokn). next up is viper alarm with remote start and 2 alpine subs and a new headunit. plus ill be making a new sub box. i decided to go with the wheel well one for those of you who were there for that discussion. with all this coming up, im thinking i should start a build thread.

p.s. where is the cheapest place to get an oil pressure sending unit? where did you guys get yours?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.