Going to look at this today! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Going to look at this today!

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Going to look at this today!

Re: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland $8990
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/3515624454.html

I looked at a 04 Limited w/ 94k yesterday and they wanted $10200 but got them down to
$8500. I feel it's still to high as has some minor rust problems on all the pans and underneath and is not perfect.
I'm excited for the v8 and the nav on the Overland.

To anyone who has bought a Overland, what are some of the things you wished you pointed out before purchase? Anything you regret?
I intend to use these in negotiations so any little annoyance would be great!

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Check first for the dual climate control blowing cold/to one side only. They have a tendencyto go out saround that mileage.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

One of the comments on the Youtube video points out that the rear head rests are gone. Tell him to knock a grand off the price for that.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

First thing I saw when I went to go look, is the front hitch for towin behind an rv. So the mileage on the chassis and suspension will be a lot higher. The v8ho is a beast tho. It seems well maintained, but when turning left it clicked and when doing figure 8s I could tell it has some problems. The price the want is not in line with the condition. Leather cracking, all the chrome is pitted and covered in road grime. The rb1 nav wouldn't turn on, then all the sudden it turns on. Lots of things that add up, I'm at about $6500 and he's at $8500 so I doubt I will be picking it up unless he comes down.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Pass, or deal with the age of the vehicle and get him down on price. Replace the radio and you have a solid rig.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just bought an '04 Overland loaded out with 65k miles for $9,900. It was absolutely pristine though, inside and out. Paint and leather near perfect, RB1 works great, tow package, underside is clean as a whistle. No rust, even on the normally rusty rock rails.

Sounds like you should get that price down a lot. I saw another 02 Overland here in perfect running/looking condition for $8900 with 56k miles. Someone bought it before I could.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.