GCJEEPING's Build/Mod thread-It's a green thing- - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > GCJEEPING's Build/Mod thread-It's a green thing-

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-off70 View Post
Amazing work, keep it up
Thanks. Hope to get motivated to get more done soon. The cold kinda slows me down some. Got a new heater for the garage so thats gunna help.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #17
teckman02
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Thanks. Hope to get motivated to get more done soon. The cold kinda slows me down some. Got a new heater for the garage so thats gunna help.
we need to start on that other project soon
teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Didnt end up going to Haspin today. Weather was crappy the past couple days and this morning. Not to mention friggin cold with the wind. Yep. Think I'm gunna start trimming fenders tomorrow and fabbing a new front bumper. Then the tank lift and face lift for it.
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Racing seats

Awhile back I broke the frame on the drivers seat. So I welded it back up and it lasted a year or so and went again. Saw some 3AR seats on Craigs list for $100 and picked them up. Cut the frame sliders off the bottom of the seats and welded them to some sq tubing frame I made for the bottom of the new seats. Bolted the frame to the seats and bolted them into the jeep. Worked out perfect. Really like how the bolsters hold you in when wheeling. The seats also came with 4 point harnesses but I havnt installed them yet. Gotta Fab a bar to go behind the seats to mount them too.

Unread 01-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Custom Jeep hoods

The first hood with the two scoops was the very first thing I did to the Jeep. The auto parts store had them on clearance and I figured if I didnt like them I could just pull them off. Well they stayed on for 10 years or so. They broke up the long lines of the hood.

Second hood I was looking for a change since I changed the color of the jeep to OD green. Picked up a $25 hood and had the $5 5.9 louvers and got the cowl from a friend for free. Also painted the center section black. Its growing on me.

Unread 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Started cutting metal for a new front bumper.
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

What style are you going for with the front, and are you going to trim front and rear fenders, or just the front?

The doors on your Jeep are so unique, I love the clean look of them.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #23
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I'm gunna cut all the sheet metal out from under the headlights. Then use 1x2 sq tube to run under the headlight and around the side. Want to keep it up high. Will angle it down to tie into the winch plate mount.

Gunna trim front and back. Dont know if im gunna fold the metal up to make the edge or use door trim to finish it off.

I get a lot of people asking me to make the doors. Now Im retired I need to get started making them too. Just gotta figure how much to sell them for. Thinking 250is a pair. People sell a pair of tube doors for that. Still pondering it.
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Seat look awesome, do they recline? And i love the second hood

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300 View Post
Seat look awesome, do they recline? And i love the second hood
Yeah the seats recline. There is a knob on the side you turn to adjust them. They also slide. They go back a lot further than stock did. I'm 6'3" and they can go so far back I cant reach the pedals. I made the brackets further forward so I could have more legroom. The second hood is growing on me too.
Unread 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Got around to start cutting the fenders. Gunna get them done so I can make my front bumper to fit.

Here is how the winch plate is mounted.

Here is the fender cut in work.

Put door edge trim on to finish it. Didnt want to go through rolling the edges. Still gunna cut my rock rails down and bend the pinch seam over in the wheel well.

Here is what I cut out from under the head lights. Gunna cut a little more up to the spot welds.

Unread 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #27
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

who makes those seats, how comfortable are they?

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #28
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

They are 3ARacing seats I got off craigslist. They are pretty comfortable. I can ride around day with no problems and I'm 6'3" and 260. I like the way they hold me in place while wheeling.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #29
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Finished trimming the front fenders. Also took the rock rails off to shorten and clean them because of the fender trim. Also trimmed up higher under the front headlights. Now the bumper will get done and I will build out of the rockrails also.

Unread 02-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #30
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Got the rock rails stripped down. Cut about 3 inches off. Welded new ends and welded all the screw holes since I'll be drilling and tapping new ones. Applied a good coat of self etching rusty metal primer and have two coats of Rustoleum rust preventative black. Tomorrow I'll put them back on and work on the bumper. Also couple pics of my messy garage.

My home made welding cart. Holds my mig Lincoln 180 (220V), mig Chicago electric 90 (110V) and my Longevity plasma cutter (220/110V).

The messy garage.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.