GCJEEPING's Build/Mod thread-It's a green thing- - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > GCJEEPING's Build/Mod thread-It's a green thing-

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #226
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Bout to start my own build thread. Maybe one day ill have half as many mods as you!

RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #227
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklyjeep10 View Post
Bout to start my own build thread. Maybe one day ill have half as many mods as you!

Hopefully I gave you some ideas. Now get to cutting. LOL
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #228
Jpayne
1994 ZJ 

I read your thread over and over again great build. I'm working on my wj now and in the process of fixing the stuff wrong with it then mods. Doing the fenders this weekend but I'm really interested in doing the tank lift. Could you go more in depth?
Jpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #229
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpayne View Post
I read your thread over and over again great build. I'm working on my wj now and in the process of fixing the stuff wrong with it then mods. Doing the fenders this weekend but I'm really interested in doing the tank lift. Could you go more in depth?
Here is a couple threads.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/w...k-lift-678132/

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthrea...t=32072&page=2

http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthr...uel-tank-on-WJ
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #230
adavis39
2002 WJ 

if you still got it, im calling dibs on the Burlwood lower console piece you just snagged at the JY.......Shoot me a PM when you get a chance
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #231
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
if you still got it, im calling dibs on the Burlwood lower console piece you just snagged at the JY.......Shoot me a PM when you get a chance
PM'd ya
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #232
Jpayne
1994 ZJ 

I got the front fenders trimmed now getting ready to do the rear. When you did yours did you weld both pieces of panel together grind and seal?
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #233
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
I got the front fenders trimmed now getting ready to do the rear. When you did yours did you weld both pieces of panel together grind and seal?
Yes I welded the inner and outters together. Sealed, bed lined and rubber undercoated it.
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #234
Jpayne
1994 ZJ 

Thanks that helped got it all done definitely more time involved than the front. Another question. I like how you had your first initial winch setup with the winch plate in top of the rails could you enlighten me more on than. I'm considering doing a front winch but just trying to convince my self that I really need one.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #235
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Thanks that helped got it all done definitely more time involved than the front. Another question. I like how you had your first initial winch setup with the winch plate in top of the rails could you enlighten me more on than. I'm considering doing a front winch but just trying to convince my self that I really need one.
I welded a harbor freight winch plate across the uprights. Notched it to fit around the up rights too. Nothing to fancy.
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #236
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Took it to the pick-n-pull the other day and scavenged parts.

WJ roof rack cross bars (a few), factory trailer harness w/7 way plug, 242 shift bezels (a few), burl wood lower console w/heated seat switches, fog/auto headlight stalk w/auto sensor and cargo net (ZJ).
I need two of the crossbars, still have some? How about Inferno Red left and right fender?
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #237
Jpayne
1994 ZJ 

Ok thanks. Your build thread has made me finally bite the bullet and start modding. Good build thread btw!!
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #238
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Thanks. Hopefully I can back at it soon.
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #239
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I just went through your build again, very creative, I love it. I have some questions now. Did you just cut all the wires on the doors and add wire clips? Do you make the leather part and windows at home? And..... It seems like the hood scoops would help relieve some of the hot air from the engine bay, do you notice a temp change on the thermostat?
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #240
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjCREEPjeep View Post
I just went through your build again, very creative, I love it.
Thanks, Always trying to do things with a twist. Like your leaf springs.

Quote:
I have some questions now. Did you just cut all the wires on the doors and add wire clips?
The wire harnesses are complete. Didn't cut anything. They are zip tied in a couple places. The door panel switches are in the doors too. Don't know if there would be any effect if they weren't, but there in anyway.

Quote:
Do you make the leather part and windows at home?
Yep Sewed them all on my sewing machine. Fosters are made better than mine. Ya always learn from the fist try. I used to work for a company that restored British sports cars and did a little sewing there.

The uppers have a 1/4" wire frame that fits snugly in the window channel and holds them in. Foster could get ya some better pics of how I made his. I'll be redoing my vinyls Like I did Fosters when I get to Sac.

Quote:
And..... It seems like the hood scoops would help relieve some of the hot air from the engine bay, do you notice a temp change on the thermostat?
My temps really never get high. But you can definitely see heat coming out them. Might be needed in Sac since it gets hotter there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.