Front Differential Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Front Differential Question

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Tumbleweed1954
2000 WJ 

Front Differential Question

I just bought a 2000 Grand Cherokee and was wondering something. My last 4X4 had locks on the front hub to engage the wheel to the axle. How does that work on a Jeep without the locks?

Tumbleweed1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Everything is controlled by the transfer case on a Grand Cherokee. In your last vehicle, when the hubs were unlocked, none of the front end components spun. With the Jeep, everything spins but does not have power applied until the transfer case is put into a 4wd mode.
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Tumbleweed1954
2000 WJ 

Thank you squashman702! That answers my question
Tumbleweed1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.