Frenchy's Build - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Frenchy's Build

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #181
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just shivered seeing all that snow...

1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #182
fireman33
2003 WJ 

Little update today...i had my inspection done and the mecanics told me i needed 4 new ball joint and the 2 tie rod ends replaced...so instead of paying them 6h labor i did it myself...its my first time replacing them on a solid axle and i gotta say its quite the process compared to an independant suspension. I took some picture so i could do some kind of wright up on this.

wheel removed

Put a screw driver through the caliper to lock the disc from turning and remove the big axle nut.

Remove caliper

Remove rotor.

Remove the 3 bolts that hold the spindle.

Spindle out.

Remove driveshaft.

Disconnect the ABS sensor.

Remove the 2 bolts that old both ball joint.

Take the BFH and hit on it downwards and it will seperate from the ball joint.

Ball joint press is now needed...and STRONGLY recommend one. I actuallu needed the torch for one of them because it was seized solid.

2 ball joint removed

Pressing the bottom one in first.

Then the top one et voila all done one side. Reverse step for the install.

2003 WJ 4.0, 4'' IRO Critical Path, 31x10.5x15 goodyear wrangler territory on soft 8's, Tom Wood front drive shaft, Rough country SS, 4.56 G2 gears, D30 front, D35 rear/detroit trutrac, IRO adj. trackbar, Doetch tech 8000 shocks, nv242 TC, midland cb, 3' firefly antenna, Mopar TC Skid

My build thread--> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-build-957216/
fireman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #183
fireman33
2003 WJ 

I replaced the govervnor pressure sensor and the solenoid 2 days ago...i was having the code p1762 and p1763 and the 42re was acting weiird...here is a few pictures...i have a small write up over on the technical section.

2003 WJ 4.0, 4'' IRO Critical Path, 31x10.5x15 goodyear wrangler territory on soft 8's, Tom Wood front drive shaft, Rough country SS, 4.56 G2 gears, D30 front, D35 rear/detroit trutrac, IRO adj. trackbar, Doetch tech 8000 shocks, nv242 TC, midland cb, 3' firefly antenna, Mopar TC Skid

Unread 03-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #184
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I've been thinking my trans has been acting up. Mine shifts hard into second, but everything else is fine. Might look into what you did even though I have no check engine light.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #185
fireman33
2003 WJ 

Yes it might be your problem...maybe not the pressure sensor but there are 2 other shift solenoid on the valve body. I don't know how long ago you changed your trans oil but I got a noticable improvment of 2mpg with fresh fluid in there .

Unread 09-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #186
94yj03wj
2003 WJ 

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I have been doing some research on regearing my wj to 4.56 axle ratio and having a TrueTrac installed and I stumbled upon your build thread. First of all I just wanted to say I think your wj is awesome and love the mods you have put into it, I also own an 03 wj with the exact same drivetrain and that leads me to my question. Do you happen to remember what the part numbers were for your gears and for your Truetrac. I am planning on ordering them soon and want to make sure I get the right parts. I noticed your TrueTrac had ring gear bolts that appear to be both 3/8" and 7/16" and I haven't seen one online with that same feature since I am not sure which size ring gear bolts my dana 35 has. If you don't know the part numbers than if you can tell me the sight you ordered them from that would be great. By the way I noticed your name is fireman33, so I am asuming your a firefighter, I am too down here in New Jersey.

Thank You
2003 WJ Laredo 4.0 I6 with Selec-Trac, 4” BDS lift with 32” Goodyear wrangler Duratracs, KC Slimlites mounted on Kevin’s Offroad Light Bar, Rusty’s Recovery Hooks and T-Case Skid, Midland CB,(Daily Driver)
1994 YJ With 30” Interco TSLs (Project Jeep)
94yj03wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #187
fireman33
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yj03wj View Post
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, but I have been doing some research on regearing my wj to 4.56 axle ratio and having a TrueTrac installed and I stumbled upon your build thread. First of all I just wanted to say I think your wj is awesome and love the mods you have put into it, I also own an 03 wj with the exact same drivetrain and that leads me to my question. Do you happen to remember what the part numbers were for your gears and for your Truetrac. I am planning on ordering them soon and want to make sure I get the right parts. I noticed your TrueTrac had ring gear bolts that appear to be both 3/8" and 7/16" and I haven't seen one online with that same feature since I am not sure which size ring gear bolts my dana 35 has. If you don't know the part numbers than if you can tell me the sight you ordered them from that would be great. By the way I noticed your name is fireman33, so I am asuming your a firefighter, I am too down here in New Jersey.

Thank You
Sorry for the wait haha, haven't been on the site much lately. I don't know the exact specification of the truetrac but I ordered all my gears and the truetrac from Nick at Kolak. He was great to deal with. Just send him an email and tell him what's your jeep model and he will hook you up with everything you need and for the best price !

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.