Freestyle713's Build Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Freestyle713's Build Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #166
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Got my exhaust yesterday and I've been working on it after work the last couple days. Found a piece of pipe at work that has a small s bend in it to drop down after the crossmember that was basically perfect, cut the flange to the header adapter and welded that on one end at a 10* angle, welded the cat on the other end, and got that part of it all painted with some vht header paint to keep it from rusting for as long as possible lol. I have friday off so I will pick up the muffler then and hopefully have it done shortly after. Also, I ordered those roller rockers about 2 minutes ago lol. I can't wait to hear it, this thing is gonna sound MEAN lol.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #167
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Roller rockers showed up already. Still waiting on the muffler, I ordered it last thursday and it was supposed to be at work today, but the ups guy never showed up

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #168
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Muffler finally showed up today, so I got everything in after I got home from work. Here's a little exhaust vid. The loud bang is just a backfire lol. It has a completely different tone than before from the inside.

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #169
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Sounds like a friggin beast dude!
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #170
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Boom

Unread 07-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #171
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Have you seen any improvements with the new roller rockers? Also, have your other mods (kegger, ported TB, etc.) contributed to much noticeable gains? I'm contemplating a top end rebuild, and wanna spend my money right the first time. Thanks!
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #172
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCjunkie93 View Post
Have you seen any improvements with the new roller rockers? Also, have your other mods (kegger, ported TB, etc.) contributed to much noticeable gains? I'm contemplating a top end rebuild, and wanna spend my money right the first time. Thanks!
Everything together has definitely made a difference.

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #173
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Go Topless day on saturday was pretty cool, found CTeunch's rig there. Did a little wheeling on the beginner trails and didn't have any problems, even with my front swaybar connected. But going up the first hill, my rear end flexing caused my driveshaft to hit my exhaust, and I almost **** a brick when I first heard it. Thought my jeep was falling apart lol. Bought a new master cylinder that should handle the 4 wheel discs better, might have a shop do it for $100.

Somehow I saw neither this post, or you that day. I was in the UJ booth most of the time, then blew up the locker in the D44 on the first obstacle of one of the harder trails. It sucked but at least I got out. How were the trails you ran?

UJ is having a run on August 10th just outside of UMass Amherst, if you're interested shoot me a PM.
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #174
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
Somehow I saw neither this post, or you that day. I was in the UJ booth most of the time, then blew up the locker in the D44 on the first obstacle of one of the harder trails. It sucked but at least I got out. How were the trails you ran?

UJ is having a run on August 10th just outside of UMass Amherst, if you're interested shoot me a PM.
They weren't very difficult, getting up the first hill was probably the hardest part. But it was fun nonetheless. And I'm not surprised you didn't see me, I wasn't there that long. I had to get to work at like 2:30.

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #175
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

I've been working on my intake manifold the last couple of days, got as far as I could, had to order an egr valve gasket, so it should be all back together tomorrow. Also bought some 32lb injectors out of a 93 cobra off my boss for $150 about a month ago, so those are what went in there while it was out.

Edit: Also ordered an addco sway bar from kolak today.

Unread 08-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #176
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

Jeep sounds good man!
Unread 08-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #177
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjeeper View Post
Jeep sounds good man!
Thanks, man. I'm really happy with the way it sounds.

So I finished my plenum, but now it wont stay running.

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #178
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Ended up being my injectors, put the old ones back in and its been running great ever since.

Going to be trading my tires for a set of duratracs my coworker has, plus $125 on my end. Both sets have about the same mileage, but his definitely have more tread. He's getting them dismounted on thursday to have his 35's put on, and I'll be getting mine done on friday.

Unread 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #179
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

He changed his mind, he didn't want my tires, so I just bought his anyways. I think I'm gonna end up getting them mounted on my second set of rims and use them in the winter, since they're supposed to be exceptional in the snow.

Unread 09-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #180
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Little bit of an update, got a couple new hubs, cause one of them was shot, and it kind of ruined one of my tires a little, which you can kind of see how not a lot of tread it has in the pic. Put that one on tonight, gotta get the other one on sometime this week. Also joined the arb club. Also have a problem with my pass. side carpet getting wet. Can't be the a/c cause I don't have a/c, it must be the cowl, cause I think it only happens when it rains.
arb.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.