Freestyle713's Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Freestyle713's Build Thread

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #151
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Well, its sitting on its own weight. Just waiting for a brake hose, since the left side I ordered had a junction in the middle, so it wouldnt work. I ordered another one that's the same as the right side. Also need to get a shorter section of brake line, because a 40" was too long. Then I'll bleed the brakes, and fill the diff with fluid, and then it will be ready to drive.

So I just finished a little while ago, but I would have been done a lot sooner, if one of the ******* brake caliper bolts didn't break as I was tightening it. They were going in a little tight, between the rust that was in there and paint from when I painted the brackets, I guess it was a little clogged. So I get the pass. side in fine, tighten the bolts down good, then get to the drivers side, and I guess I tightened the top bolt a little too much, and sheared it off basically flush with the bracket, so I wasn't getting vice grips on it. I tried welding a nut to it, didn't work, and broke I think 3 extractors. I couldn't retap it for a bigger bolt because it doesn't just hold the caliper to the bracket, its part of the sliding mechanism, so a bigger bolt wouldn't work. My neighbor ended up coming over and retapping it the same size, which I didn't think you could do, and it worked. I broke the bolt at like noon, and I didn't get the caliper on until about 8. But at least I'm done with the installation part.

2013-05-10-22.00.37.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #152
ZJOFFROAD93
1993 ZJ 

Looks good i plan on doing this hopefully this summer
ZJOFFROAD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #153
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Dat ***

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #154
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Go Topless day on saturday was pretty cool, found CTeunch's rig there. Did a little wheeling on the beginner trails and didn't have any problems, even with my front swaybar connected. But going up the first hill, my rear end flexing caused my driveshaft to hit my exhaust, and I almost **** a brick when I first heard it. Thought my jeep was falling apart lol. Bought a new master cylinder that should handle the 4 wheel discs better, might have a shop do it for $100.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #155
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Looks like a fun time! Probably just the angle of the pic, but your 33's look bigger than CTeunch's 35's.
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #156
ZJOFFROAD93
1993 ZJ 

Hows that 8.8 working? Im going to be doing it my dana 35 just went the other day
ZJOFFROAD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #157
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Go Topless day on saturday was pretty cool, found CTeunch's rig there. Did a little wheeling on the beginner trails and didn't have any problems, even with my front swaybar connected. But going up the first hill, my rear end flexing caused my driveshaft to hit my exhaust, and I almost **** a brick when I first heard it. Thought my jeep was falling apart lol. Bought a new master cylinder that should handle the 4 wheel discs better, might have a shop do it for $100.

Saw you leaving as I was pulling in.
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #158
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJOFFROAD93 View Post
Hows that 8.8 working? Im going to be doing it my dana 35 just went the other day
Works great, I think. I can't tell if there's any minor vibrations because of the tires, I have to throw the other ones back on and see. It gets pretty sideways in the rain now with the limited slip lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Saw you leaving as I was pulling in.
Yeah, I didn't stay long, only like 2.5 hours. I had to work at 2:30. I wish I could've stayed longer.

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #159
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Haven't updated in a while. I did my headliner today, not too difficult, just time consuming. took me all damn day lol. While it was out I grabbed some tar paper stuff from my dads shop that I've heard people using as insulation/sound deadening, so I figured I'd give it a try. Also picked up an intake manifold to do the plenum plate on. And I'm thinking of regearing sometime this summer. There has to be a bad carrier bearing in the 8.8. It makes so much noise sometimes, and other times its almost not noticeable. Either way, it bugs me. And it would be nice to have some power again lol.

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #160
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Looks good :thumpsup:

I really need to do this. My headliner looks like **** lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #161
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Ordered some new sideview mirrors a couple days ago from rock auto. Got here yesterday and put them on today. Its amazing how much better they are. Its literally like upgrading to an hdtv lol. The old ones had so many hard water stains on them, and the drivers side has been broken since I got the jeep, so the glass would vibrate and I couldn't see anything in it.

Unread 07-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #162
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Started ordering more parts for when I do my plenum. Got an accel cap and rotor, ordered a cam sensor and an oil pressure sending unit from mopar wholesale, and a thermostat housing, intake manifold bolts, and an air filter (just 'cause) from rock auto. I already smoothed out the runners on the inside and cleaned the whole thing inside and out. Just gotta either get it glass beaded or paint it, just cant decide what color. And heres a pic of me moving the boat into the driveway so I can work on getting it ready to hit the water.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my front drivers side tire seems to have a slow leak. Why, I have no idea. I checked it about a week ago cause it looked low and it was at 10 psi. I took it off, sprayed the beads with soapy water, no bubbles, did the same with the valve stem, nothing, found one possible culprit on a section of tread, put this leak detection stuff my dad uses for gas pipe on it and nothing. I'm out of ideas.

Unread 07-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #163
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Sent this guy a text asking him if he wanted to separate the long arms. He just threw it on there a half hour ago, which is why he said no for right now. Hopefully I get lucky and he does!

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/3914513472.html

Edit: Forgot to mention I bought a kolak exhaust minus the fm50 still in the package from a guy on thespeedfreaks, and I ordered a fm10 series at work, should be there next friday. Things gonna sound BEAST.

Unread 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #164
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! You seem to get pretty lucky finding good stuff on CL lol.
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #165
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Intake manifold is pretty much ready to go in. I'll probably start the swap sometime next week. Also thinking about getting roller rockers for my birthday.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.