Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Freestyle713's Build Thread

16K views 190 replies 21 participants last post by  Freestyle713 
#1 ·
So I decided to start a build thread in order to document my 8.8 build this winter, even though I should've started this thread a long time ago. But hey, better late than never, right?

Here's a current pic:

The earliest pics I can find are from my t-case swap, so I guess I'll start there. I'll try to put pics in order the best I can.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

Attachments

#4 ·

Attachments

#5 ·
A little trail damage. Got hung up on a tree stump.

Attachments

#6 ·
BTW, I neatened up the cover after I painted it. Its not as messy.

Attachments

#7 ·

Attachments

#8 ·
Testing out the new lift.

Attachments

#9 ·
More 8.8 stuff, and my hack n tap sye (didn't do it right the first time lol)

Attachments

#10 ·
Did the valve cover gaskets, and bought some tires at the swap meet (yes, they're new) as well as a spare for $20, and yes, all of them, plus 5 wheels will fit in the back of a zj, even with a huge sub box lol.

Attachments

#11 ·
New meats. And tried to get my buddy to put that on his frontier, the one in the first post. Needless to say, he wouldn't do it lol.

Attachments

#12 ·

Attachments

#13 ·
And onto the spare tire carrier.

Attachments

#14 ·

Attachments

#15 ·

Attachments

#16 ·

Attachments

#17 ·
And that's where I'm at. The last box is my artec truss, but it must stay in the box until christmas :( The red LEDs are my 3rd brake light, which are right below the license plate.

Attachments

#18 ·
Various pics taken at car shows, jeep meets, etc. and my sisters new to her wk hemi

Attachments

#19 ·
TJ is my aunt's, which she lets me drive from time to time :2thumbsup:, and the panoramic is of the Great American Jeep Rally in Sept. Ill see if I can get more pics of that.

Attachments

#20 ·
#21 ·
I really like to tire attachment... I'm buying a Mig welder soon and I'm going to do something like this but i might make it go to the right instead of the rear.. Good build so far. Subscribed

Sent from my WJ

#22 ·
Is it a bad thing that i remember 99% of these picks from previous posts or are we all jeepforum whores (excuse my language)?

#23 ·
Lol i just went through all my pics and posted all the better ones.

#24 ·
Just some pics I've taken recently that I haven't posted yet, all but the first one in HDR.

Attachments

#25 ·
Wet sanded/buffed my hood (pass. side done, driver side isn't) and primed the pumpkin on my 8.8.

Attachments

#26 ·
That makes a huge difference on the hood. I need to clean my paint up this spring.

#28 ·
It definitely does. It doesn't look perfect, but its better than it was before, and my god is it smooth.

Are you changing gears or lock that 8.8? I think next summer I'm gonna nab a 3.73 open diff 8.8 truss it and throw it in. And then build a hp 30 re gear to 4.10 or 4.56 and lock them
It has a factory limited slip, and its only got 130k miles on it so I don't see why it shouldn't work. Its my DD so a lunchbox locker wouldn't work too well for me. If I ever do get one it will probably be a detroit, so it still streetable. And I'm not regearing now. Probably not for a while. I don't wanna do the front twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.