Found a nice one... -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Found a nice one...

Good day. As this is my first post in this forum. I'd like to say please be kind if I'm in the wrong spot, as it is also my first time using this app.
I have been reading these jeep forums for quite some time and they are very helpful. So thanks.

Now the issue.
I found me a beautiful 1996 jeep grand cherokee Orvis edition. All seemed good, 1 owner clean engine bay, no rust or dirt build up in unusual spots underneath.

All is good except!!! For what ever reason the green leather and or vinyl ( not sure of Witch one it is) is peeling off both the driver side and the passenger side rear doors. It is in tact but peeling off. And I'm finding a solution to fix this hard to come bye., is this a common problem? I want to make this purchase but that is really unfortunate I can't get over that. I have called a 5 upholstery shops and they have to all pretty much said they would have to look at it to see. One guy recommended that nothing could be done because it's all heat fitted to a foam mold.

Any one else delt with this?
Is it common?

Any way yeah. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2016, 12:35 PM
1997 ZJ 
I'd imagine a good upholstery shop should be able to fix it. If not, you'd need new panels, which are gonna be pretty hard to find for an Orvis, those aren't too common. You might try posting in the ZJ forum, here: You'll have a much better chance of someone who's dealt with this seeing it. Good luck, it sounds like it's nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.