Florida WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Florida WJ

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 03-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

Florida WJ

My jeeps!
My XJ is back in MI, where I'm from. I have my WJ here in FL. I will be adding things to it every now and then. It's a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition 4.7HO. Eventually I want my WJ to be more of a expedition jeep with 33s and long arms. I will probably end up selling my XJ and putting some of the parts on to my WJ.

my-jeeps.jpg  

Last edited by WJmitch; 05-06-2015 at 03:33 PM..
WJmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

My homemade lift from the machine shop I worked at: 2.5in BB and on top of that, the jeep has that 1in up country lift because it's an overland. Soon after the lift I bought tires from Truck and Van for a great deal!
silverlake.jpg  
spacers.jpeg

installed.jpeg

needs-tires.jpeg

265-tires.jpeg

Last edited by WJmitch; 05-06-2015 at 03:29 PM..
Unread 03-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

I was able to fit 265/70/R17 Mickey thompson Baja ATZ with some trimming
Unread 03-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

I also bought some new wheels! They are meant for a Jeep JK, but WJs have the same bolt pattern. The backspacing is 4.5 in. from stock 6 in. Slight flex on the rocks, I found.
flexx.jpg  

Last edited by WJmitch; 03-08-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Unread 03-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

For some reason, my factory rock sliders were missing when I bought the Jeep. After a long search, I found these from IRO: Budget sliders, very beefy, kinda a PITA to install.
before.jpg

after1.jpg

sliders.jpg

Unread 03-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

After offroading for a bit, I noticed my rear diff cover peal up a little bit (I need more lift!), so I bought front and rear bluetorchfab covers. They are very beefy! They are working out great so far, expect my front one leaks. It only leaks after I have driven somewhere. So its possible I didn't seal up the top portion of the cover right or a small leak from the welds. Trying to figure it out for the last few days, its not a terrible, but very noticeable after I drive somewhere and front cover is covered in new gear lube
raw-diff.jpg

varilok-dana-30.jpg

installed-front-diff.jpg

installed-rear-diff.jpg

Unread 03-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

I went to the junkyard today searching for a 1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) windshield washer bottle and found one! The swap took roughly an hour to complete. Basically, I pulled the pumps off of the WJ bottle and inserted them into the ZJ bottle “plug in and go.” The only thing missing from the ZJ bottle was a hole for the water level sensor. I felt lazy, so I Just taped it up and put it in a safe spot under the hood. The bottle was a very tight fit so I had to relocate a few vacuum hoses. The whole purpose of this swap, for those of you who don’t know, Is so that when the tire goes up into the wheel well, it won’t grab the factory bottle and rip it out.
spot-.jpg

bottles.jpg

finished-bottle.jpg

Unread 04-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

Noticed my rear sway bar was rubbing the new diff cover. So I had my friend make some spacers out of aluminum for me, about .75 thick.
rubb.jpeg

platess.jpeg

installed-plate.jpeg

clearance-.jpeg

Unread 05-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

Moved per request.

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
"Wind them in until you strip the thread....then back a quarter turn!"
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #10
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

Thanks Chris!
After talking to Kolak, I purchased Bilstein shocks for my WJ. Replacing my front and rear shocks, it rides so much better now and I have more down travel. It has been long over due.
shocks.jpg

shocks2.jpg

Unread 08-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

I had my winch laying around that I wanted to add on to the WJ so after looking around for a bit on the internet I decided to buy KOR front and low bumper. It took roughly 6 weeks to get it, but it was well worth the wait!
photo-4-16-.jpg

Unread 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #12
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

Installing the bumper wasn't too bad by myself. The brackets lined up perfectly for me and it required no drilling.
photo-1-27-.jpg

photo-2-26-.jpg

Unread 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #13
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

I made sure it fit before painting the entire bumper. Overall very happy how it fit the first time on. Needed little adjustment.
photo-3-17-.jpg

Unread 08-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #14
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

Painted and mounted. All done! I added my chrome tow hooks on top (beauty hooks) with no intended use, just looks. Next ill be getting my LED fog lights, maybe a logo less winch cover, and a roller fairlead. Undecided if I want to get some kind of bolt lock for the winch. I but my friends say i'm just too paranoid lol.
photo-5-13-.jpg

photo-5-14-.jpg

Unread 08-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #15
WJmitch
2002 WJ 

My airbag is on as well.... So I did the dumb thing and just bought an airbag clock spring. Replacing it was a breeze with the right tools. Guess what, the light is still on . Sooooo I guess I need to go to the dealer to figure out the reason (what I should of done in the first place).
photo-2-27-.jpg

photo-3-18-.jpg

photo-1-28-.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.