Flatland 4x4 WJ Non Winch Bumper - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Flatland 4x4 WJ Non Winch Bumper

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #31
theksmith
2003 WJ 

still would like to know how much it weighs including the mounting brackets... i could see making this work for me with a few mods.

also does that white one have foglight cut-outs? is that an option?

theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #32
adavis39
2002 WJ 

so where are the pics of the new bumper installed?....i saw it mounted up on your black one peaking out in the background of MTNMARC's axle build.......your hiding it from us
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Man I was down at his shop today. I should have snapped some pictures for you guys. He's too busy building my jeep.
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #34
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Where do we stand with this?
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

I've got the first one done, painted and installed on my stock black WJ! I've got pictures hiding somewhere, I'll find them and upload to this thread. I've been talking with Brad about the licensing to produce the first patch in bulk, should have more coming down the pipeline soon. I'm also interested in your guys' idea of sending out the flat plates in a box to make it easier on you DIY guys out there.

Things with the bumper are on a pause with me building Marc's jeep, but I'll be back on it soon!
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #36
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Snapped some pictures while at Greg's shop..

Looking down..

Unread 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #37
Brandonsdad02
2000 WJ 

I'm looking to do this myself. Does the cad files come with a solid works drawing of the finished product that you can zoom in on for details and does it give measurements for placing the brackets. I work for a weld shop and I've got the green light for this, just want some more info on the plans for it.
Brandonsdad02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #38
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

The version I received has 3 DWG (solid works is capable of importing) drawings. One for the quarter inch plate mount dimensions, one for the 3/16" plate bumper peice dimensions, and one 3D drawing to aid with assembly. It does not come with a file to help with assembly, but I do not think it is necessary. The peices line up to the correct angles as you fit everything together
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #39
Brandonsdad02
2000 WJ 

Do all of the shell pieces fit corner to corner or flush on the edge. Also do you have any pictures of the mounting brackets installed on the bumper? Does it mount up where the tow hooks used to be?
Brandonsdad02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
1BADCJ8
1982 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
The version I received has 3 DWG (solid works is capable of importing) drawings. One for the quarter inch plate mount dimensions, one for the 3/16" plate bumper peice dimensions, and one 3D drawing to aid with assembly. It does not come with a file to help with assembly, but I do not think it is necessary. The peices line up to the correct angles as you fit everything together
So are you going to make these? I'm interested if the price is decent. I like the IRO and dealing with those guys is easy but I like this one just as much and do not think it sticks out to far at all.

I like it!
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #41
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

I'll be starting by making a batch of 5 for the public. I will build them all at once and see how this first round sells, then work from there. I'm looking into getting some powerdercoating estimates to see if that's a reasonable option to offer for you guys.

With this first batch my priority is local customers, but I've been looking into cost efficient shipping services and may be able to get these across the country within reason soon. I'll keep you updated as much as possible!
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #42
1BADCJ8
1982 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
just a thought, why not offer a pre-cut, weld yourself option? For those guys who have a welder at home, but no way to have the plans cut out locally.
This is a great idea, it would save quite a bit, I'd prolly go this route myself instead of buying one put together. Not to mention I'd get to build something. With basic instructions (this goes here, etc..) it would be pretty fun. The only question I would have would be exactly where do the mounts go on...? Of course I'm interested in one either way.

After reading ^^^^ that... This would for sure cut down on shipping as well. Still have the weight but not the bulk... I'd prolly go for a "kit"...
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #43
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

There is a guy in my area doing the kits for roughly 300. but it looks like he bought all of the plans that flatland has to offer. Found it on cl.

Sent from your back seat!!!
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
flatland4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80 View Post
There is a guy in my area doing the kits for roughly 300. but it looks like he bought all of the plans that flatland has to offer. Found it on cl.

Sent from your back seat!!!
Yeah... he and I need to have a conversation.

On the other hand, related to this thread - Greg is a good guy and will treat you well if you buy his bumpers (or other products for that matter).
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
Side profile loooks good, doesnt stick out much.

The front view is too "boxy" looking..

Here are some of the pics mentioned on prevoius post.
Like the roll gage. Got a write up?
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.