Finally Recall accepted! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Finally Recall accepted!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellis View Post
lol ... I was rear-ended several years ago, and the impact was right onto my trailer hitch. It dented the frame rail down to the point that the hitch was useless.

Are they going to repair my frame and install a new hitch? Ummm ... no ...

Why would they? It's not a recall for damage in an accident.. it's proactive to potentially eliminate a ruptured fuel tank.

OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
OregonUSA52LV8
1995 ZJ 

so if you already have a non-factory hitch then they will replace it with a jeep hitch... ok, we'll thats fine but give me the old one back when your done swapping it. And install a damn skid plate as well Chrysler! both fixes are needed no just a hitch. give me a break
OregonUSA52LV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonUSA52LV8 View Post
so if you already have a non-factory hitch then they will replace it with a jeep hitch... ok, we'll thats fine but give me the old one back when your done swapping it. And install a damn skid plate as well Chrysler! both fixes are needed no just a hitch. give me a break
Neither is needed.

The funny thing is they only have to do the free recall on vehicles newer than 10 years. Older than that, they will do the work but they can make you pay for it. I seriously hope they take that route.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #34
CollinF
1997 ZJ 

The gf decided to keep the jeep being I fixed the major issues it had. Then the announced the recall It has a hitch already so we're set.
CollinF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #35
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonUSA52LV8 View Post

Maybe remove the non Mopar hitch yourself? Skid plate would do little to nothing in a rear impact.
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Who cares what they have to pay or give out for free. Chrysler never paid back 1.3 billion tax payer dollars for the bailout. The least they could do is give us some skids and hitches. Last time I checked the CEO's still got their bonuses.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Who cares what they have to pay or give out for free. Chrysler never paid back 1.3 billion tax payer dollars for the bailout. The least they could do is give us some skids and hitches. Last time I checked the CEO's still got their bonuses.
AMEN BROTHER. I'm getting my free hitch
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #38
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

I like my aftermarket hitch.

I'd rather have a new PCM.

THAT's what needs a recall on 96-98 models.
Until someone dies due to stalling while rounding a curve on a Houston or Dallas Freeway with a fully loaded semi on his tail at 65 Mph...I dont suppose they'll be interested in recalling the crap PCMs.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #39
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Hell, release the wiring diagrams and chip sources and we'll fix em ourselves,lol.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #40
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

i dont need no stiiinkin trailer hitch
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #41
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

i doubt it will be even offered to the ZJ crowd.

they are only required to go back 10 years on the recall, which excludes all ZJ's, most WJ's and some liberties. They will have to offer a solution, but the solution for the older stuff does not have to be a free solution.

all over a non issue. 2.7 million jeeps, 37 reported cases. insane odds of it happening really.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #42
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
^ this.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #43
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

This is a real pain in the rear end hearing about all of this. Chrysler should just give us all monster truck lifts and big tires so that way if someone rear ends us they would completely miss the gas tank and the axle and just pass right underneath with no problems. Unless its a zj to zj collision in which there would be catastrophic explosions causing the world to go into panic and ruin.
Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #44
McHiVeSlY637
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid
This is a real pain in the rear end hearing about all of this. Chrysler should just give us all monster truck lifts and big tires so that way if someone rear ends us they would completely miss the gas tank and the axle and just pass right underneath with no problems. Unless its a zj to zj collision in which there would be catastrophic explosions causing the world to go into panic and ruin.
I agree
McHiVeSlY637 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #45
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

They're not effecting the recall where it really needs to go - the DRIVER!

I blame NHTSA. By working so had to "improve crashworthiness" in vehicles, the impetus to avoid a collision has gone phutt! So, drivers aren't trained properly anymore.
- Which increases the perceived need for safety devices in vehicles
- Which cranks up the cost of the thing
- Which screws up driver reactions
- Which makes most drivers markedly worse.
- Which causes people to think they don't need to avoid roads incidents as much.
- Which leads to an increased perception of the "need" for safety devices, ...

And the problem goes around & around...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.