Finally Recall accepted! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Finally Recall accepted!

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
McHiVeSlY637
1993 ZJ 

How do you go about knowing where to learn about the recall.. Or even have the vehicle inspected.. I am not very concerned about my jeep. It's an animal! Jw

McHiVeSlY637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

^ Nothing has even been issued yet.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
ChopperX
1997 ZJ 

I had 3 recalls done this year to my 97 ZJ. I've owned it since 2007 and this year I took it to the dealer for the very first time for an oil change special. Told me about the recalls so I was like okay whatever. Got the secondary floor shifter replaced, something with the airbag replaced and the only one I cared about was the fuel sending unit cause mine was already faulty.

As far as this one goes. I don't tow anything so I don't even care to get the recalled tow hitch. If skid plates, I don't off road in mine. It's a 2x4 and a city car. Not really a huge deal to me. Normally I would be like oooo free repairs but the only one I cared about was my fuel sending unit cause that's the issue that affected me the most.
ChopperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
Longhair
1998 ZJ 

I wish that Jeep would have stood their ground and this went to court.

The reason is I want to know what the average speed of impact was for the vehicles that caught on fire after impact.
Longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
McHiVeSlY637
1993 ZJ 

I figured but my mother was wondering about it.
McHiVeSlY637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

I go to junk yards all the time and see zjs with the rear deck pushed saverly up words because of rear end collisions the only one that wasn't bad was the jeep with a skid and hitch but still none had any fire damage on them. I figure if you get hit hard enough from the rear to cause a gas tank fire you have more serious problems like the unibody folding and absolutely rendering the jeep useless.
Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee95kid View Post
I go to junk yards all the time and see zjs with the rear deck pushed saverly up words because of rear end collisions the only one that wasn't bad was the jeep with a skid and hitch but still none had any fire damage on them. I figure if you get hit hard enough from the rear to cause a gas tank fire you have more serious problems like the unibody folding and absolutely rendering the jeep useless.
ayup. bang on there.

never seen a torched ZJ that wasn't from som yahoo's who stole it and lit it on fire just to watch it burn.

prety sure if you get rear ended at more than a 'slow speed impact' you have bigger issues to worry about.
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
dellis
1998 ZJ 

lol ... I was rear-ended several years ago, and the impact was right onto my trailer hitch. It dented the frame rail down to the point that the hitch was useless.

Are they going to repair my frame and install a new hitch? Ummm ... no ...
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Good news for the idiots who want free things for no reason.
^^this

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
cuzsis
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
It still baffles me this is suddenly an issue and only with Grand Cherokees and Liberty's....arent all Jeeps gas tanks located behind the axle?????????
That's what I was wondering...

Both my dad and I have Grands that have a towing hitch (I think they're factory). My husband has a Cherokee plain, no hitch.

Both my husband and I have been rear ended.

He got hit at a red light by someone not paying attention. It was a pretty nasty jar. He was sore for several days. His gas tank now has a basketball size dent in it and he needed to install a new bumper. But otherwise the jeep is fine.

I got tapped by a semi truck who thought the shoulder was a driving lane. My bumper is a bit skewed, but otherwise the jeep is fine and has been for several years now.
cuzsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #26
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Keep the hitch, my mileage isn't great as it is. Another 70lbs,lol,I don't think so.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ
i wonder if people look at my jeep and the first thing they say is 'jeeze i hope that things gas tank doesn't catch on fire'!

probably more like, 'how is that rolling abortion street legal?'
You call that thing an abortion? Mines being held together with rust and dirt lol
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

I was going to powder coat my rusty aftermarket hitch, may just see if I could get a new one...

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

they chickened out because of the bad publicity. Who cares, i have a higher chance of being killed by a side impact then someone rear ending me and my tank exploding. Hell, have a better chance getting hit walking through a cross walk probably, who knows. what did we figure out, .002% or something like that for zj's that caught fire in rear end accidents. Grow a pair Fiat (since it's them now right?) this was blown way out of proportion by the media and everyone got into a panic for nothing.

Honestly, with zj's high center of gravity, i bet i'd roll it on a curve before it blows up.
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #30
JackedLaredo
1994 ZJ 

I got a hitch and a factory skid. I'm all set. I haven't done the secondary parking shifter detention..
JackedLaredo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.