Finally got the WJ ive been looking for! - (intro) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Finally got the WJ ive been looking for! - (intro)

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
cadga1390

Finally got the WJ ive been looking for! - (intro)

Hey everyone, just thought i'd share my long awaited purchase of a WJ, after lots of searching and hard work to buy one! drove 7 hours to Virginia bought a 2004 Overland 4x4 Midnight Blue Pearlcoat, with every option except navigation. has 112k on it. looks like someone took good care of it. has a good set of michelin ltx a/t2's, bilstein 4600HD's, aux integration on factory headunit, full set of weathertech liners, a K&N intake, blend doors were done by taking dash out, heated seats work, and good service history! look forward to spending more time on here and with yall! best wishes from Atlanta, Gerogia! and just a quick snapshot of my best friend cleaning her up along with a few others

img_4506.jpg

img_4429.jpg

img_4470.jpg

img_4438.jpg

img_4434.jpg

img_4437.jpg

cadga1390 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
redman333
2004 WJ 

Looks good. What did you pay for it if you don't mind saying. Am looking myself.
redman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
THEBAD1
2004 WJ 

Nice 04!!!
THEBAD1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
ReclusiveXen
2002 WJ 

Pfft, I only jealous cause yours has less rust than mine. (Of course I live in NY soooo. )
ReclusiveXen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
blackcar87
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like you have ebc rotors and green stuff pads. Had the same combo for 45k, and the don't dust very much at all. Nice find! I have the same shocks also.

"Do you know about Tyler Durden?"
blackcar87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can't go wrong with a Va Jeep.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
cadga1390

@redman333 I negotiated to $7,150 on it, which I thought was a pretty good deal after all my searching and so forth. it was listed around 9k. So I wish you luck on your search! hopefully you arent as picky as I am, haha.

@blackcar87 I was excited to see the EBC Greenstuff pads along with the nice rotors, they are on all four corners, but after driving it, i'm really not impressed, they squeak really bad, pulsate (not like warped rotors, only when slowing to a stop), and dont seem to have much bite compared to other combos like what I had on my 2008 4Runner, which just had Napa premium rotors with PBR Metalmaster pads. i'm also using their carbon ceramics on my VW (not the same class i know) but they work fabulous as well with close to zero dust.
Unread 12-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadga1390
@redman333 I negotiated to $7,150 on it, which I thought was a pretty good deal after all my searching and so forth. it was listed around 9k. So I wish you luck on your search! hopefully you arent as picky as I am, haha. @blackcar87 I was excited to see the EBC Greenstuff pads along with the nice rotors, they are on all four corners, but after driving it, i'm really not impressed, they squeak really bad, pulsate (not like warped rotors, only when slowing to a stop), and dont seem to have much bite compared to other combos like what I had on my 2008 4Runner, which just had Napa premium rotors with PBR Metalmaster pads. i'm also using their carbon ceramics on my VW (not the same class i know) but they work fabulous as well with close to zero dust.
ha I am very picky but I am going to check a jeep tonight that's a limited with all options and from the pics looks very similar to yours and they are asking $6850 for it. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be as clean in person as in the pics.
Unread 12-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
eastcoastcam
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did yours look like this underneath?

This is my '02 Overland that I picked up for $4000 Canadian a couple weeks ago. Came here to Nova Scotia in 2013 from California and was parked in a garage last winter!

eastcoastcam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #10
cadga1390

@redman333 I hope it goes well for you, let us know! look for all the usual stuff. thankfully mine actually showed just as good if not better than the pics, i was happy for that after that almost 8 hour drive. look forward to seeing your purchase! negotiate on it! check out the buyers guide!

@eastcoastcam haha mine is a little less muddy but yours looks to have zero rust! mine has a few spots which i have since touched up with Duplicolor rust converter, seems to have worked well! still have a few spots that could use a little more attention, but overall for mine being from up north (USA) has minimal rust.
Unread 12-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #11
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadga1390
@redman333 I hope it goes well for you, let us know! look for all the usual stuff. thankfully mine actually showed just as good if not better than the pics, i was happy for that after that almost 8 hour drive. look forward to seeing your purchase! negotiate on it! check out the buyers guide! @eastcoastcam haha mine is a little less muddy but yours looks to have zero rust! mine has a few spots which i have since touched up with Duplicolor rust converter, seems to have worked well! still have a few spots that could use a little more attention, but overall for mine being from up north (USA) has minimal rust.
well I went and looked at it tonight. It is extremely clean. I actually found another at a local dealership that I looked at first. They wanted $8k for that one. Then went and looked at the other. The second WJ was better in every way. Had No rust anywhere that I could see. I did get undernieth and the front diff cover was slightly damp from oil everything else was dry. Drove very smooth. Had no noises or binding when doing a tight turn. No leaks in the engine bay. Blend doors operated correctly. Didn't check the heated seats. Over all very happy with it. Only problem is she said she may want to hang on to it until after the holidays so she can drive back to WV and back again then I can buy it. I only got to look after dark so I'm going to see if I can look again during the daylight and see if I see anything else. Otherwise I may have found my new WJ too. I can handle waiting through the holidays for a good vehicle.
Unread 12-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
eastcoastcam
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is a couple of pics of a 2003, with half the milage of mine, but spent its whole life here... Rockers are gone and underneath is going...

I am glad I found the one that we bought...
eastcoastcam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
Hughsey82
2004 WJ 

Not trying to thread Jack here... But check out this one on AutoTrader... Found it near me in ohio! So clean!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...86212154&Log=0
Hughsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #14
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughsey82
Not trying to thread Jack here... But check out this one on AutoTrader... Found it near me in ohio! So clean! http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...86212154&Log=0
Hey thanks I'll go ahead and write a check for it.

Haha just kidding. I don't think I've ever seen one with that low of miles. I'd pick it up if it's been driven at least a short distance every once in awhile. If it sat for a really long time and that's why the miles are low I'd think twice though. A vehicle sitting for a long period of time can be worse then high miles some times.
Unread 12-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
ElevenBravo
1997 ZJ 

I *LOVE* the front end on the WJ!!! But it was outside my budget so I got a ZJ. Maybe one day still!!!

EB
ElevenBravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.