Finally got my grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Finally got my grand cherokee

Only 2 Days left to win $3,800 Jeep Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention seahawks fans!!! Want to save some $$$ ??!!

Unread 12-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
redman333
2004 WJ 

Finally got my grand cherokee

Well it's a 1 owner old lady driven. 122k miles and dealer maintained its whole life.

Only issue is the hydraulic fan hits the shroud slightly on hard braking and it's got a small fluid leak I think from the fan. Drove it 4 hours home and had no issues yet.

image-2401847851.jpg

redman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
pinaplebob

1992 XJ Cherokee 

beautiful Jeep!! I don't think I've seen that color very much, that or its just very very clean.
pinaplebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great color.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
redman333
2004 WJ 

Thanks I believe the name is inferno red.

I'll post some more pics later.
Unread 12-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
joshua106
2004 WJ 

Hey I know you

You almost bought mine! Definitely subscribing to see how it comes out! (I had the 04 on 32s, we were texting earlier)
joshua106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua106
Hey I know you You almost bought mine! Definitely subscribing to see how it comes out! (I had the 04 on 32s, we were texting earlier)
Ah hey buddy. I was wondering if you were on here or not. Still trying to figure out what direction I want to go with it. Just researching mostly right now.

Want to drive it as is for a bit to work out any issues while its stock before modifying anything.
Unread 12-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
fallenfar
2010 WK 

That is super nice! Congratulations and enjoy!
fallenfar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Nice color

Looks immaculate! Have fun with it
Unread 12-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn
Nice color Looks immaculate! Have fun with it
Thanks. I have some plans for it. Trying to decide whether I want to go to a 6" lift or a 4". I'll be selling my truck soon and the funds from that will be used for the lift and tires.

I have a few issues I want to fix on the jeep as it sits now though before I start modifying anything.
Unread 12-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
twinkiedooter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You sure got yourself a beauty!!!! Good luck with her. My 97 GCL has some zip ties on the fan shroud holding it away from the fan blade. Seemed to do the trick. Have the leak traced back and see where it is coming from. Is it brake fluid, steering fluid or radiator fluid leaking? Check the puddles for fluid identification.
twinkiedooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
redman333
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
You sure got yourself a beauty!!!! Good luck with her. My 97 GCL has some zip ties on the fan shroud holding it away from the fan blade. Seemed to do the trick. Have the leak traced back and see where it is coming from. Is it brake fluid, steering fluid or radiator fluid leaking? Check the puddles for fluid identification.
hmm I'll have to try that. I cleaned off the oil and found its not power steering fluid and that its trans fluid. Checked the fluid level and it was slightly low but couldn't tell where it was coming from exactly. Took it to the dealer today to get an alignment done and asked them to top off my fluids and see if they could see where it was coming from. They said it's definitely the trans fluid lines going to the cooler up front but couldn't tell exactly where. They said it looked as if it was seeping through the lines. That I should just replace the lines and do a trans service. I plan on doing a trans service anyway so I'll probably go ahead and swap the lines too. Maybe get a new cooler while I'm at it.

I'll for sure be trying to see if I can zip tie the fan shroud up though that'd be great if that works.
Unread 12-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #12
redman333
2004 WJ 

Ok so I've been doing a very small bit of work to the jeep. Haven't touched the fan yet just watch my temps. I don't think it effects performance at all just more annoying.

Anyway I have had a couple squeaking panels that drove me nuts. The center console and the rear by the ch changer. I ended up just sticking some fabric behind the cd changer and that fixed that. Went to michaels and grabbed some felt and double sided tape and cut strips of it and install on the cover piece of the center console and that fixed most of the noise there. I attached a pic of the center console. It seems loose to me like there should be a rubber piece at the arrow or something. Does anyone know.
image-775193745.jpg

Unread 12-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
redman333
2004 WJ 

Oh yea working on installing an inverter also. I'll post a teaser pic since I'm not finished yet.
image-178894902.jpg

Unread 12-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
redman333
2004 WJ 

And another pic
image-3460609320.jpg

Unread 01-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #15
redman333
2004 WJ 

Well I took my grand to the dealer to have the trans lines checked and told them I'd be going on a road trip and to let me know if they are good enough to make it or if I should replace them now. They said I have 6-12 months left out of them that it's a very very small leak. Well I drove about 12hoursor so on it over the holidays and made it 27 miles from home and the rpms kept bouncing around. Pulled into the next gas station and checked the trans fluid and it had no fluid on the dipstick looked undernieth and the whole underside of the jeep was covered in trans fluid. The ha station didn't have the right trans fluid so had to be flat bedded back to the house.

The jeep still moves under its own power so I don't think it did any major damage but still aggravating. So I'll be trying to figure out that issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.