EVOLUTION of my WJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > EVOLUTION of my WJ

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #46
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

haven't updated in a while, so here's some pics of fun in the snow we just received in new england
so far no major changes to the jeep
but once spring comes around the 6.5" longarms are on their way, along with some nice new 33"s

Super 44 with 3" Side Dump
Dana 44a, 4.56's

My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/evolution-my-wj-623825/
dmolaver15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #47
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

Here's the first update since the longarms
Right now it sits at 5" with IRO Front Longarms

Here are some pics of the install

My new BFG AT's 285/75/16

My frankenstein intake. Autozone pipe, airraid heat shield, k&n filter

Lots of switches

and the wiring for all of it. ( i think i need to run a 2nd battery )

Dana 44a, 4.56's

My Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623825
Unread 02-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #48
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

Now for the goodies

IRO Adj. Track Bar, Tenneco HD Stabilizer (IRO), and you can see the caster adjustment on the "Iron Y"

The JKS Disco's

Tow points that haven't failed me yet

Battle Scars

Dual Sidepipes, yes my exhaust is tucked way up there, it's above the pinch weld line

My Subs and Hi-Lift

And now for the bumper trimming some of you have been asking about. I did it with a pair of tin snips, and a friend to help hold the bumper while i cut.

and this is for 311WJ, i just noticed this the other day, WE HAVE THE SAME DENT!

Dana 44a, 4.56's

Unread 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #49
hike4it
2004 WJ 

NICE BUILD

Looks like all you need is Rock sliders and a roof rack. I like how you painted the front grill black that was subtle but very sharp

hike4it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #50
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hike4it View Post
NICE BUILD

Looks like all you need is Rock sliders and a roof rack. I like how you painted the front grill black that was subtle but very sharp

thanks man, rock sliders are next on the list, maybe even ordering them friday!
and for the grille, yeah it's one of my favorite mod's i've done. I did it because i was originally going to buy a freedom edition grand cherokee, and i loved the scheme of the black grille and black on the wheels also. My parents said no because of the v8 though , so i tried to copy it with my good ol 4.0 grand
Dana 44a, 4.56's

Unread 02-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #51
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

You might need a rear bumper too.. Great build though, an 04 is my dream Jeep.
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #52
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Nice WJ, but why dual's?
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #53
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
You might need a rear bumper too.. Great build though, an 04 is my dream Jeep.
thanks dude, my dream jeep is an srt8 with 6.5" longarms and 44rubicons swapped into it!
Dana 44a, 4.56's

Unread 02-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #54
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

That would be nice too..
Unread 02-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #55
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Ok a couple of things

1) Looks awesome. I like the trimmed to hell front bumper. I just might do that to mine and throw it back on. Sweet.
2) Here in WA anyway, you'd get pulled over for not having mud flaps. I know I did.
3) Please find a better way to secure your a) spare tire, b) subs/amp, and c) high-lift jack. If you were to get in a wreck the chances are very good that your roof rack and/or straps would snap and that tire would become a ~100 pound projectile. Same goes for the stuff in the back of your jeep, except you'd be the likely target instead of some innocent bystander.
4) I hope you're not using your trailer hitch ball as a tow point - those are made for a linear constant pull, not a sharp jerking force. They can snap and fly off. Your best bet is to get a Warn or other receiver shackle (I believe the Warn one is made in USA, the smittybilt is made in China (boo!))
5) Are those GM tow hooks up front? Whatever they are, they look a lot less likely to drop straps while attempting recovery than the OEM ones.
6) Your electrical wiring makes baby jesus cry. lol Look into distribution blocks

Kudos for a great build though! I wish when I was in high school I had a Jeep to modify, rather than wheeling in my parents Legacy.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #56
dmolaver15
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio102 View Post
Ok a couple of things

1) Looks awesome. I like the trimmed to hell front bumper. I just might do that to mine and throw it back on. Sweet.
2) Here in WA anyway, you'd get pulled over for not having mud flaps. I know I did.
3) Please find a better way to secure your a) spare tire, b) subs/amp, and c) high-lift jack. If you were to get in a wreck the chances are very good that your roof rack and/or straps would snap and that tire would become a ~100 pound projectile. Same goes for the stuff in the back of your jeep, except you'd be the likely target instead of some innocent bystander.
4) I hope you're not using your trailer hitch ball as a tow point - those are made for a linear constant pull, not a sharp jerking force. They can snap and fly off. Your best bet is to get a Warn or other receiver shackle (I believe the Warn one is made in USA, the smittybilt is made in China (boo!))
5) Are those GM tow hooks up front? Whatever they are, they look a lot less likely to drop straps while attempting recovery than the OEM ones.
6) Your electrical wiring makes baby jesus cry. lol Look into distribution blocks

Kudos for a great build though! I wish when I was in high school I had a Jeep to modify, rather than wheeling in my parents Legacy.
thanks man, i always get comments about the bumper.. i really hated it at first, i wanted to punch myself after i did it, but it's starting to grow on me.

and having no rear bumper and having the tires stick out hasen't gotten me stopped in connecticut yet, but i got stopped for it in vermont on a ski trip, that's it. I'll look into them once i get stopped at home.

i'm not really sure what i'm going to do with the spare tire or hi-lift yet, but i plan on putting hinges at the back of my sub box to anchor it down, but still be able to get at the spare tire well.

and that's a negative on the trailer ball, i watched one of my buddies front windshields catch one of those once. I use the hooks underneath the reciever portion, or the chains at both ends of the hitch. I've pulled a ram 2500 out by them, and they haven't caused any trouble. The chain i used has a 20,000lb break strength, i'm not sure about the welds though, but they haven't showed any signs or cracking or breaking.

and the tow hooks, yes they are GM hooks off a chevy 2500, they have a nut plate that i inserted into the frame via the 2 big holes underneath the front bumper cover. they work awesome, haven't bent one or the mounting area at all, and the install took about 10 minutes, no dropped straps, nothing.

and lastly, i know my wiring is horrible! i'll be re-wiring every aux. wire on the entire jeep by summer
Dana 44a, 4.56's

Unread 02-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #57
zippome
2000 WJ 

any more pictures of the exhaust? specifically under the jeep? looking good!

edit. i just saw your headunit. where did you get that molding? the adapter with the extra storage for your cd's?
4" Zone Offroad Kit, 16x7 Cragar Soft 8's, 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns, Rock-It Sliders, Rancho SS, Yakima Load Warrior, Flowmaster Super 40, Reverse Lights, 2 Lights Up Front, Custom 6 Switch Plate, Cobra 76 XTR CB with PA, Lightbar, Custom Hitch Tire Carrier, Fleabay Warm Air Intake

Last edited by zippome; 02-08-2009 at 10:34 PM..
zippome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #58
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

damn, thats one f'd up tailgate!! so hows the lift so far, no death wobble?
Unread 02-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #59
itr1446

looks beautiful
OME dual steering stabilizer
itr1446 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #60
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolaver15 View Post

and this is for 311WJ, i just noticed this the other day, WE HAVE THE SAME DENT!

ha ha yeah we do.. just different sides it looks like
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.