Eric's '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Eric's '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 04-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #181
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Just read this whole thing....on my phone. Nice build man. Would 4x3 box sit to high in the rocker?
its more burn time but I was thinking about running 4" channel in the corner and filling it in with flat stock to form a triangle rocker and have my steps(tube like yours) come up to where the doors will slightly clear the top of them. I think it would help deflection of the vehicle vs the 4" flat bottom rockers. Does this make sense?
I can't quite picture it. Remember that the unibody itself is spot welded together. There is no need to get crazy when welding in new rockers. A few 1"-2" beads here-and-there is plenty.

Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #182
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Yah that's my bad. I meant to delete the 4x3 part of my post. See below for what I'm thinkning
Yours being the top and my idea being the bottom. Hold your penis jokes.haha
forumrunner_20120422_085458.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #183
GrouchyTim
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Yah that's my bad. I meant to delete the 4x3 part of my post. See below for what I'm thinkning
Yours being the top and my idea being the bottom. Hold your penis jokes.haha
It'll never work and you're going to kill a bus load of nuns. I now understand what you were trying to say. You should have drew that for me a while ago. That can totally work. The compound bend on that tube is a no go though. It'll just have to be a angle cut to get it to the door height. We'll talk next week.

Techno, where are you in RI? I come up to CT quite often and it would be cool to do some light wheeling up here. (here now but no Jeep this trip) Great job on the sliders by the way. I like that you aren't afraid of getting on the skinny pedal. For your steering box, you can put a brace around the output shaft housing to the opposite "rail" and it will keep the torque from snapping that top bolt. OR you can go hydro assist which I think is awesome. I've loved every second of driving after doing that mod.
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #184
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was scanning your thread and I have to say... I MISS NEW ENGLAND WHEELING!!!

I think I'm probably on both of the forums that you have in your signature!!!
I was the VP for SSW for a few years!!!

Can't wait to get back to NE!!!
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
rroadkilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #185
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Speed, I think Tim gave you some good advice. I've always liked the look with the rails wrapped up around a little bit. Its going to be much easier to just stick with square/rectangle tubing. Welding beads that are 5 feet long would get old fast.

Tim, Where am I in RI? Good one!!!! There are cities with more land than RI. But I'm in Exeter which is South. By all means shoot me a PM if you are in the area.

Robert (?), I remember you. Pretty sure it was at a trail ride; Fall Craw or OFR? Sounds like you are planning a move back to New England in the future. Hope to see you on the trail again.
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #186
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchyTim View Post
Techno, where are you in RI? I come up to CT quite often and it would be cool to do some light wheeling up here...
Tim... Let me know when you are going up and I will hook you up with the guys @ SSW!!! GREAT group of guys to wheel with... Just ask Gunner!
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #187
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Robert (?), I remember you. Pretty sure it was at a trail ride; Fall Craw or OFR? Sounds like you are planning a move back to New England in the future. Hope to see you on the trail again.
That's me!!! I don't think it was either of those! Never been to either!!! I WISH THOUGH!!!

Maybe it was a RIOHVA event???

Maybe Paine Hill with OSJ???
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #188
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB90 View Post
I remove the carrier from the rear diff, removed the drive shaft,removed the nut"no problems",, used a house hammer to beat out pinion,no play, a brick,no play,A SLEDGE HAMMER, no play!,,, can anyone please help me? Need advice. Pinion gear stuck will not slide forward and out
Wtf

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #189
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Spam???

When in doubt . . . get a bigger hammer!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.