"Enthusiasms" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "Enthusiasms"

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

"Enthusiasms"

Hello All!

After lots of research, reviews, opinions, stories and good information I took the plunge and ordered my first full fledged lift kit. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who previously posted on this issue as they helped in my decision immensely. Thank you forum and especially ChrisHager for the big assist in getting me to quit "*****-footing around" the decision . So I am looking forward to kits arrival with great "enthusiasms" (as they say in scene from Untouchables), and as always I wish all of you luck in your future endeavors.

TrenchMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
Soggybrain
2004 WJ 

Awesome. What kit did you order?
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Yeah, talk about a "tease" post... all the hoorah and kumbayah and nothing on which brand??? LOL!!!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

Had to hook ya first didn't I? Hahaha enough suspense I went with the Rough Country 4" Basic and the JKS Track Bar since everyone said it was a better upgrade. Now I know what your thinking: "All this over short arms?" Well the reason is I am going to see how much fun/drive/problems I get with an entry level kit and then depending on performance and such, upgrade bit by bit piecemeal so to speak. I have a company truck for my day job so I don't spend a ton of kms in the Dub-a-Jay and any issues can get squared away and punched together in my spare time. I figured see what I get first then upgrade or repair from there based on results. The end goal is an adventure/camp/trail/pub crawler when all done. Oh I forgot my rims and tires came in today too!
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Interested in your expierence with that kit, i want to go that route as well.
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

Will do Kdeome, who knows this might turn into my build thread...need a digital camera too I guess.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

Ok the kit is in and the install will happen this Easter Weekend with any luck. I also got the track bar too. After this Spartan locker for the rear and before and after photos to boot. Wish me luck. Also anytips on installing this?
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Go ahead and order some KOR track bar bushings. Oh and you're going to hate your life when you're putting that rear A-arm spacer in.

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

The track bar bushings are already in the new track bar (thanks for the reviews forum!). The rear a arm spacer is already out and I didn't hate my life while doing it (although I thought I would). Install will continue this weekend!
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

Which bushings were they?

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

I had poly-urethane bushings made locally. If they don't work I was going to go with the KOR variant. The reason I went with this is the company is a customer of mine and wanted to try this out. Besides they charged me $0.00 taxes in.
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
TrenchMaker
2002 WJ 

Ok got the kit done on the easter weekend. I could not get the rear done so I stayed late at work with hoist access and we got it wrapped up. All I can say is WOW. The tires still rubbed here and there but nothing a little bit of plasti-carnage could not fix. The 255/75R17 C/6ply Nitto Trail Grapplers are simply amazing. I have yet to get stuck with them. Mileage dropped 1km per 100 according to the OHD. The reason we could not get the rear done is with the 2" budget boost on we could not get the rear diff to lower far enough to get the old springs out even when we had them fully compressed. Anyways so far I am impressed with the bang for the buck you get with Rough Country even with the budget unit. Build thread and pictures to follow soon. Thanks again for all your help you guys have been really great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.