Electronic Throttle Control problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Electronic Throttle Control problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 12-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
goldie14
2014 WK 

Electronic Throttle Control problems

I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Eco Diesel Engine. Took delivery in May 2014 and have less than 8000 miles on the vehicle at this time. We have had a "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message come up on the dash 5 or 6 times and experience a total loss of ability to accelerate when this happens. Most times we have come to a complete stop at a traffic light or stop sign and then even though the car is still running are unable to accelerate. The engine is unresponsive and does not race or do anything when you press on the gas. We have taken the vehicle to the dealer twice for this issue and they are unable to replicate the problem and therefore cannot/will not fix anything. I was told today that a P2299 error code came up on the diagnostics but that is not enough for them to make a repair. We keep being asked if we drive two footed and neither my husband or I drive with two feet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to get Jeep to fix it and what did they do. Looks like we will get this vehicle back again without any repair or remedy and I am getting tired of driving a vehicle I feel is unsafe. I have elevated my concerns to Chrysler and have gotten a case manager but I am still getting no where with them.

Would like to hear if anyone has had a similar experience or any suggestions.

goldie14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.