electrical issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > electrical issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
gonzo_gcc
1994 XJ Cherokee 

electrical issues

hey guys

here is the thing:
i have a jeep grand cherokee limited '94 and had it cleaned at a car wash yesterday. i noticed that there was a bit water just under the dashboard on the passenger's side. i am not sure if this has anything to do with it.

when i finished cleaning inside the car i drove home from the car wash. i noticed that the dome lights and the side lights wont go out - even at driving. after i tried to figure this out - what took forever i decided to unplug the batterie to save the batterie. this morning i tried to start it and it wouldn't start. instead i got the front lights flashing and a security light turned on. after some time i got a friend to jump start the car. we could figure out to get rid of the security thing and got it running again. but the lights were still on. so we put out the fuse ... the lights are out but another thing turned on. the heater blows out hot air even tough it is not on.

so now i have two problems:
1. the dome lights are on all the time (even when driving), unless i have not unplugged the fuse
2. the heater is running even it is not on

i have tried already the rear cargo switch, i have tried all the switches of the 4 doors.

any ideas what the problem could be???

gonzo_gcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
gonzo_gcc
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i have an update as i drove today.

the heater is no longer working ... instead the red security light turns on after i drive a minute or so.

your help would be very appreciated!!!
thanks in advance
gonzo_gcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.