ejschultz Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ejschultz Build Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #106
Tre3
1997 ZJ 

are those the stock rims? and where did you buy the sanding stuff and the paint?

Tre3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #107
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre3 View Post
are those the stock rims? and where did you buy the sanding stuff and the paint?
Yes, the rims are the stock TSi rims. As for the paint, I got it at Harbor Freight. Autozone also carries the same stuff. It's Rustoleum high performance wheel paint. The sand paper I got was just 60 grit paper. Any hardware store will have it. I believe even Wal-Mart has it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #108
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

My spare is identical to my other wheels. My tire is a stock size Goodyear Eagle RS-A though. I'm getting 5 new tires to fix that when I get my new ones. As far as black cladding goes, mine came with that. The TSi's had body colored plastic cladding on them from the factory. If it didn't, painting it black would have been one of my first mods.
Mine is same color as the body as well but I think it would look good with it black and black rims. Kinda break up the boring gold a it.
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #109
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

The Limiteds had sanded, painted, and cleared body colored cladding on them. It doesn't actually look like cladding at all. I'm sure that's what you're talking about. The TSi's had body colored rough textured plastic cladding on them. I do think it would look pretty unique to have black cladding on a Limited though with black rims. I say go for it.
Unread 03-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #110
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
The Limiteds had sanded, painted, and cleared body colored cladding on them. It doesn't actually look like cladding at all. I'm sure that's what you're talking about. The TSi's had body colored rough textured plastic cladding on them. I do think it would look pretty unique to have black cladding on a Limited though with black rims. I say go for it.
I am. Tuesday I'll probably do the rims. Then idk about the cladding. I have krylon indoor outdoor paint.. Semi gloss. Probably use the same for the cladding. Would I sand the cladding or what?
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #111
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'd say yes, sand the cladding, but I'm not the dude to really give advice on that one. I'm a terrible painter...
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #112
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Just a quick question, how big are your tires?

I'm thinking of a 3'' lift but don't want it to look dumb. Yours looks decent enough with your bigger lift and smaller tires, but I am not sure if your tires are bigger than mine or not.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #113
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

My rims are 16x7. Tires are 235/70/16. The overall diameter of the wheel is about 29". What size tires are you running? I'll do the math and let you know what the overall diameter of the wheel is.
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #114
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

I've got 235/75r15 duratracs which comes out to about the same, 29''. Thanks for the reply man!
Unread 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #115
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Cool. It should look alright. It's a little off, but it'll work. I'm going to get some 31s for it. I'm debating on 245/75/16 or 265/70/16. The latter is identical to an average 31x10.5. The other is a little narrower but still 31" in diameter.
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #116
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Cool stuff. I'm still torn lol. I wish my ZJ was half as clean as yours though...
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #117
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Ha. I've said it before, the pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. The paint is full of surface scratches and door dings. I swapped the interior because the PO trashed it and I like cloth better than leather. I'd say in the grand scheme of ZJs, it's relatively clean, but there are definitely way cleaner ZJs out there. Regardless, thanks for the compliment.
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #118
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Ha. I've said it before, the pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. The paint is full of surface scratches and door dings. I swapped the interior because the PO trashed it and I like cloth better than leather. I'd say in the grand scheme of ZJs, it's relatively clean, but there are definitely way cleaner ZJs out there. Regardless, thanks for the compliment.
Still, it's a Jeep I'd love to own Come see mine and you will run home to yours and never let it go
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #119
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Still, it's a Jeep I'd love to own Come see mine and you will run home to yours and never let it go
Sometimes I feel like running home to a new vehicle. Then I realize that I'd never do half the stuff I attempt with a new vehicle that I do with the ZJ. Although, I think 3 or 4 years from now, I'm going to try to get a 2012 JKU Rubicon. I know they'll still be pricey then, but the majority of the depreciation will have already occurred. Until then, I'll happily keep driving the ZJ and, if I can get it past the wife, I'll keep the ZJ then too. We already have 3 cars between the two of us though and she's not keen on looking like a hillbilly by having a bunch of cars parked in front of the house. I try to tell her there's nothing wrong with it unless they're parked in the yard. At that point, it only becomes an issue if the neighbors complain.
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #120
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Hahaha as long as they're not on the grass it's fine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.