ejschultz Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ejschultz Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #91
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Nah. It should be pretty easy. I just don't want to have to do it. Lol. I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #92
Tre3
1997 ZJ 

hey i know your on a budget and want tires at the same time, and when talking to someone about cheaper tires and they sent me this:

https://www.treadwright.com/p-4-30-9-50r15-mud.aspx

i dont know if you want retreaded tires, but thought in case you liked em you could find some cheap 31's
Tre3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #93
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Sweet man. Thanks. I'll definitely look into that. I'm pretty sure I decided I'm going to keep my 16s and go with 245/75/16s. They have some on that site that I'm going to check out. I definitely appreciate the link.
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #94
bmlzj86

if i were you i would go with a 265/75/16 or 285/75/16 i had 245/75/16's and they looked tiny with my lift so i went with a 285 cooper stt and it filled the wheel well nice
bmlzj86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #95
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

For most tires, 245/75/16 measure identically to a standard 31 diameter wise. Most 31s are about 30.5" in diameter. These calculate to be the same. For the Duratracs, they are identical given Goodyear's specs. The width is obviously less, but a 245 mm width pairs up perfectly with a 7" wide rim. Most manufactures measure this size on a 7" wide rim. I'm pretty set on that size. Anything is going to look bigger/better than the 29s I have on there now. Take into consideration that I still want to be able to flex without trimming. 265/75/16 is 31.6" and 285/75/16 is 32.8". No way would I put my D30 up to the task of spinning 33s. I also don't want to lose a bunch of power going up in tire size.
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #96
bmlzj86

I wouldn't worry about the d30 and 33's I know guys running 35's with a locked d30 and don't have an issue
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #97
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I don't plan on upgrading or changing my gears though. I think they'd give me too much of a power loss. I'm definitely sticking with a 31" tire. Can I fit bigger? Probably. I don't necessarily want to though.
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #98
bmlzj86

I hear ya. I knew I wanted at least 33's I was kinda worried about the loss in power but honestly I didn't notice a big difference but either way you go is better than 29"tires
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #99
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Black wheels? Sure...

Unread 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #100
Tre3
1997 ZJ 

dang.. that looks great!
Tre3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #101
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre3 View Post
dang.. that looks great!
Thanks a lot. I had to resand and paint one of the wheels on it, but they all turned out pretty decent. What more could I want for $25 worth of wheel paint and a couple hours time?

For anyone that's wondering, I did paint the spare too. I actually practiced on that wheel first, then moved onto the back wheels. The first wheel I did after the spare turned out so good was the one I needed to redo. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the turnout.
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #102
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

Thanks a lot. I had to resand and paint one of the wheels on it, but they all turned out pretty decent. What more could I want for $25 worth of wheel paint and a couple hours time?

For anyone that's wondering, I did paint the spare too. I actually practiced on that wheel first, then moved onto the back wheels. The first wheel I did after the spare turned out so good was the one I needed to redo. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the turnout.
I think on my spring break I'm going to paint mine. How did you do it I though about a wire wheel or some sand paper then like flat black spray paint. And I read somwere to put p.aying cards around the edge of the rim to cover the tires. And do a few coats once they are dry.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #103
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I think on my spring break I'm going to paint mine. How did you do it I though about a wire wheel or some sand paper then like flat black spray paint. And I read somwere to put p.aying cards around the edge of the rim to cover the tires. And do a few coats once they are dry.
I sanded the wheels with 60 grit sand paper. Honestly, it kinda killed me a little to start sanding. I then used Rustoleum wheel paint. Harbor Freight had some matte black on clearance because they're changing the design on the can. I picked up 6 cans. I only used 2, including the spare. I have about 4 coats on each wheel. I didn't mask off the tires. The paint will wear off them in a couple weeks after driving it. I don't really care much that there's paint on them. I'm getting new tires sometime before the end of summer.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #104
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

I sanded the wheels with 60 grit sand paper. Honestly, it kinda killed me a little to start sanding. I then used Rustoleum wheel paint. Harbor Freight had some matte black on clearance because they're changing the design on the can. I picked up 6 cans. I only used 2, including the spare. I have about 4 coats on each wheel. I didn't mask off the tires. The paint will wear off them in a couple weeks after driving it. I don't really care much that there's paint on them. I'm getting new tires sometime before the end of summer.
Oh so you can send me the other cans then right?lol. I didn't even plan on doing the spare cause it's all ready black. But I think my limited would look god with black rims. Then this summer black cladding
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #105
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Oh so you can send me the other cans then right?lol. I didn't even plan on doing the spare cause it's all ready black. But I think my limited would look god with black rims. Then this summer black cladding
My spare is identical to my other wheels. My tire is a stock size Goodyear Eagle RS-A though. I'm getting 5 new tires to fix that when I get my new ones. As far as black cladding goes, mine came with that. The TSi's had body colored plastic cladding on them from the factory. If it didn't, painting it black would have been one of my first mods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.