ejschultz Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ejschultz Build Thread

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #61
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

eBay. I got regular clear corners, not Euro clear corners. They're fairly cheap. I want to say I paid somewhere around $30 or so shipped.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #62
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
eBay. I got regular clear corners, not Euro clear corners. They're fairly cheap. I want to say I paid somewhere around $30 or so shipped.
Yea I think I saw them there, for like 15$, they look best with tinted bumper lights. The black and orange don't really go too good together lol.
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #63
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Hey, at least it's the right season for it...for the next couple days. The amber surprisingly comes through pretty bright still. When you see the front of my ZJ in person, they look like an extension of the body; then they light up.
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #64
Howards97ZJ

Hello ejschultz, I found your thread by searching "swi-jack" on Google and here I am - amazing tool. Anyway thanks for the detailed pic on which wire to tie into under the steering column - I'm going to try and do this tomorrow.

I have a question though. There's 3 screws holding the lower steering column cover on, the center torx is easy, but I don't have a way to get the other two that are deep in column. Are these torx as well? I'm going to get a better flashlight and see if I can get a better look at them.

Also, nice stereo build. A bit too big of a sub for me, but here's an idea to dampen some vibrations to the amps - you could use threaded isolators from the hardware store. They're two studs attached by molded on rubber.

Thanks again
Howards97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #65
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

For the screws, they're all the same. I want to say they're T20 or T25. I pulled that apart over a year ago and I haven't taken it apart since so I don't remember exactly. I did use a Torx driver, not a little multi tool or anything. They let you get into deeper holes and still reach the screw. As far as killing vibrations, my amps are not mounted to my box with my latest box. They're now mounted to an "amp rack" I fixed to the back of the seat. Also, with the way the feet are on the V12 amps, I don't think anything like that would work too well. The holes are more like notches on the sides of the amps.
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #66
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Well, I figure my build thread is a good place to put this. I guess you could call this the original build for my ZJ. I contacted Chrysler about a week ago for this and they responded pretty quickly with my build sheet.

*FL Leather Low-Back Bucket Seats
AFFP Luxury Group
AFMP TSi Decor Group
AHCP Trailer Tow Group
APAS Monotone Paint
ARNP Laredo Decor Group
AR3P Radio - Prem Cass/CD/Amp, 8 Speakers
BAUS 117 Amp Alternator
BCES 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BRGS Anti-Lock 4-Wheel-Disc Brakes
CACS Low Back Bucket Seats
CFNS Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
CGWS Next Generation Front Air Bags**
CKDS Floor Carpet
CKNS Cargo Compartment Carpet
CKRS Cargo Net
CKTS Cargo Tie Down Loops
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CSAS Spare Tire Cover
CSCS Cargo Compartment Cover
CSRS Passenger Assist Handles
CUFS Full Length Floor Console
CUNP Overhead Console
CXHP Steering Column Locking Slip Collar
DGB All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions
DGWS 4-Spd. Automatic 4RE Transmission
DHAS Lock-Up Torque Converter
DHRP Single Speed On Demand Transfer Case
DJJS Dana 30/186MM Front Axle
DMEP 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
DRKP Dana 44/226MM Rear Axle
EAAC All Engines
ELF 5.2L V8 MPI Engine
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GCBS Front Door Tinted Glass
GEGP Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass
GEPP Flipper Liftgate Glass
GFAS Rear Window Defroster
GNCS Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
GNKP Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
GRMP Left Power Heated Mirror
GSMP Right Power Heated Mirror
GTMP Power Heated Mirrors
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXMS Remote Keyless Entry
HAAP Air Conditioning
HGAS Hood Insulation
HGDS Deluxe Insulation Group
JAYS Instrument Cluster w/Tach
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHBS Rear Window Wiper/Washer
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JKAS Locking Glove Box
JPAS Power Windows
JPBS Power Locks
LACS Illuminated Entry
LAGS Warning Chime
LAZP Vehicle Information Center
LBBS Courtesy Lamps
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LBDS Ash Tray Lamp
LCBP Door Courtesy Lamps
LDAS Underhood Lamp
LDBS Cargo Compartment Lamp
LETP Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
LMGP Automatic Headlamps
LNJP Fog Lamps
LPSS CHMSL Lamp
LSAP Security Alarm
MDAP Front License Plate Bracket
MFTP Body Color Grille
MHAS Black Windshield Moldings
MWGS Roof Rack
NHMS Speed Control
NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
PX8 Black Clear Coat
QX8S Black Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RBNP AM/FM Cass Radio w/Changer Control
RCGP 6 Speakers
RDDS Fixed Long Mast Antenna
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCLP Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
SDAS Normal Duty Suspension
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBBP Full Size Spare Tire
TBLS Inside Mounted Spare Tire
TRHP P225/70R16 OWL AS Perf Tires
TZAS Goodyear Brand Tires
WDPP 16X7.0 Aluminum 5-Spoke Wheels
WKBP Matching Spare Wheel
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #67
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I had my Magnaflow high flow cat (23226) installed yesterday as well as a new Magnaflow muffler (11225). I'm definitely liking the sound and it seems to be idling better. I also had to replace my downstream O2 sensor at that time because the shop stretched the threads while taking it out. They only had Bosche O2s. I ended up getting a NTK O2 (they OEM the Mopar O2s) from Advance. I'll crawl under there in the next couple days when it stops raining here to get a picture to put up here so you guys can see the new setup.
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #68
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

I wish I had a V8...
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #69
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'm sure you're beating my MPGs by at least 3. Sometimes I wish I had the 4.0 for that reason. Also, I managed to forget about getting a pic of the underside with the new cat and muffler. Maybe tomorrow if I get a chance. I was under there today too changing my upstream O2.
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #70
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Well, I traded my Type R 15 to my brother in law for his, my old, Type X 10 back. I decided to put it into a sealed box rather than the large ported box it was originally in. It's nice having some cargo space, and when I need to take it out, it'll be a lot quicker, too. I'm running it in .7 cubes gross sealed which is .05 cubes larger than the Alpine recommended specs. Also, don't mind my crooked "amp rack." That'll get fixed in the spring time. I don't feel like freezing my *** off just to make that straight.

Unread 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #71
Black1998ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm sure you're beating my MPGs by at least 3. Sometimes I wish I had the 4.0 for that reason. Also, I managed to forget about getting a pic of the underside with the new cat and muffler. Maybe tomorrow if I get a chance. I was under there today too changing my upstream O2.
What's your MPGs? I only get 16...
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #72
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Right now, about 10. Winter gas plus me having some fun in the snow equals crap mileage. In the winter with no snow, I average 12-13. In the summer I'm at 13-14.
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #73
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I swapped all 4 coils to IRO 3.5" lift coils, put in a full set of IRO fixed control arms, adjustable trackbars, JKS quicker discos, JKS barpin eliminators, Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks, a Tenneco steering stabilizer, and i swapped those pita front upper control arm bushings that are pressed into the axle. It rides a lot better than my BB, but it needs an alignment for sure. I also had it up to 60 mph after the install on the highway and I did not experience any DW. I am somewhat disappointed in JKS though. They don't supply the Nylock nuts needed to install the disco retainers on the front skid plate. So, I have discos installed that I can't use because I have nowhere to fix them to for now.

Pics to come later. For now, picture a black ZJ with a 3.5" lift covered in snow and salt.
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #74
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Stock I was sitting at 31 3/4" front and rear from the ground to the fender. With my BB, I was at 33 1/2" front and rear. Now, I'm just under 36" in the front and about 36 1/2" in the back. I need some bigger tires now... Maybe some 265/70/16s (31x10.5x16s)?

Here's a picture of it:

Unread 01-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #75
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

go 32s. it'll look way better
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.