ejschultz Build Thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ejschultz Build Thread

Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #166
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I recently removed the bumper cover, trimmed the fender liners, removed the fog lights, and painted the factory bumper that's under the bumper cover. It looked like crap after I pulled off the cover. Here's some pics of the front of my ZJ now. I'm getting it all ready for a trip to Bundy Hill in June.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #167
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I love the way zjs look with out that goofy looking excuse as a bumper.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #168
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quite honestly, I think it's kinda funny looking without it. I'm planning on leaving it off for a little while. I'm starting to look at some bumpers. Also, not having fogs is going to bother me, but I think I'm going to try to get some lights wired off the factory wiring.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #169
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Okay, I have a couple of updates. First, I replaced my windshield. Apparently (and hopefully) it fixed a leak that has plagued my ZJ since I've owned it (the PO complained about it too). I don't have my huge sunstrip anymore but I'm okay with that. I also picked up a set of JCR stage 3 sliders for my ZJ. I've primed and painted them. When I get the time, they're going to get installed. I'm thinking maybe the weekend after next. I don't know for sure. I'm also working with a fellow member of the Northwest Indiana Jeepers to build a rear diff skid. I banged it a couple times pretty good at Bundy Hill last month and got lucky not cracking the aluminum pumpkin. The steel we picked up for the skid is 5/16" stainless. I don't think I'm going to have to worry much about it anymore.

Here's some pics of the sliders so far...

That's all I have for now. I'll get some more posted when I actually get them installed.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #170
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Oh, I also put reinstalled my front bumper cover and fog lights. I was tired of looking at it without it. I'm definitely a fan of having it on . I will, however, remove it when I go wheeling. Even with my trimming, I still rub pretty badly when I'm turning and flexing. I didn't have any issues with that at Bundy when I was there.
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #171
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I got around to installing my JCR stage 3 sliders today. I used one of the breaker carts we have at work to get them installed. I think the total install time was roughly 2 hours. I don't think that was too bad.

I'm almost out of things to do now. I still have to finish my e-fan install (I've got the junction box all wired up with the relays, the switch installed inside, and the studying done). I'm also currently working with a fellow NWIJ member on a rear diff skid that's almost completed. My list of projects for it is almost gone. I'll have to think of something to spend some money on...
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #172
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Rear diff skid pics. It's not installed yet. 5/16" stainless.

Unread 08-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #173
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I got the rear diff skid plate installed today.

Unread 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #174
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I finally finished my e-fan today. It took a week of working on it for short periods of time at night. The box in the pic has the fan controller for low and the 70 amp relay for the high speed. I also got a nut for where the fan clutch used to be. For anyone who's curious, it's an M30 x 1.5. I had to special order it at Fastenal.

Unread 12-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #175
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh man I haven't read your build thread in awhile, I like that diff skid.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #176
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Yeah. I got pretty busy this last summer. Lol. Thanks though. I had a club member help me build it because I have welding experience. I haven't tested it out yet other than making sure it clears everything underneath when I flex. I've been daily driving my Jeep since my last company laid me off and I lost my company vehicle. I'm afraid to break anything on it right now. I should be back in a company vehicle in about a month though with a new company. I'll probably be wheeling with my club on the first of the year. Maybe I'll get to test it then.
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #177
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know that feeling, new company since August for me, less overtime than I ever had before. Plus I just put a new 4.0 in my XJ to keep it going, wish I could have put a stroker in it. Though one guy on here offered me his 5.9 for a trade and I've been thinking about it every waking second since, god do I miss ZJs.

Hopefully once the new year starts up I'll be going wheeling more too as I met a club that's relatively close to me as well.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #178
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

A 5.9 would definitely be really awesome. I've thought about trading my ZJ for an XJ because of their better aftermarket support, but I don't think I can give up the ZJ. The interior is so nice compared to an XJ. I've got a few buddies with XJs and I find ZJs to be a lot more comfortable. How do you like your XJ compared to the ZJs you had?
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #179
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
A 5.9 would definitely be really awesome. I've thought about trading my ZJ for an XJ because of their better aftermarket support, but I don't think I can give up the ZJ. The interior is so nice compared to an XJ. I've got a few buddies with XJs and I find ZJs to be a lot more comfortable. How do you like your XJ compared to the ZJs you had?
This is the niner offered. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...5-9-a-1866914/

I really like the XJ, it's awesome because there's so much aftermarket support for them, but in the year I've had it the ZJ market continues to grow. The interior compared to a ZJ is absolute ****. ZJs are more comfortable and refined in every way. Even the ride with springs is way better, plus V8 if you want it.

I absolutely don't miss my tan ZJ though, that thing was a pile, my red one was gorgeous though. Although talking to the XJ guys and stuff gives me ideas for if I do get a ZJ, as before I went a little over the top and now I'm more into modest mods.

Seriously ride quality of a ZJ doesn't even compare to an XJ and anyone who thinks it does hasn't spent enough time in one of them.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #180
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Even though I'm pretty against tinted tail lights, I got sick of looking at my ZJ with colored lights. Everything else is monochrome on it. I gave it a shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.