donha1mn's 5.9 build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > donha1mn's 5.9 build thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

your jeep is going to look awesome once all that is on it

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #32
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do it yourself I want to see this thing on LAs!

The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

dont be scurred put that lift on dude youll be proud of yourself that you did it, brag to your friends you did it, know how to fix things in the future, save money from taking it to the shop, and to brag to your friends you did it hell tell your friends to all help you and then you can let them ride in it when its done

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #34
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
dont be scurred put that lift on dude youll be proud of yourself that you did it, brag to your friends you did it, know how to fix things in the future, save money from taking it to the shop, and to brag to your friends you did it hell tell your friends to all help you and then you can let them ride in it when its done
I've thought about doing it myself but since I've never worked on suspension components before I'm not very confident in doing it. Im not worried that I won't get it done, it'll get done with the directions and JF knowledge. What Im worried about is getting it done on time. Its my DD and what I don't want to happen is have it tore apart come Sunday night and needing it Monday morning. Right now my priority is getting my tires purchased and getting them mounted on the rims. Im going to do more research and see if I can boost my confidence level
98 5.9 ZJ: 4.5" IRO + 1" spacers w/IRO front adjustable long arms and rear adjustable CAs, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, JKS quick disconnects, IRO belly skid, Bilsteins, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MT sidebiters, ARB bumper w/ WARN M8000 and 2 55W Hella Black Magic, JCR stage 2 sliders, Bushwackers, AEM CAI, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, 3" Kolak exhaust w/Flowmaster 44

In the garage: 8.8 w/4.10s and LSD, Artec 8.8 swap kit and truss

My 5.9 BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1095938/

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
donha1mn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #35
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

I can't believe Im so close to getting everything on. It's driving me nuts seeing everything sitting in boxes and not being on my jeep. As of right now Im buying my tires next friday and getting them mounted to my rims. I'm calling the shop tomorrow to set up an appointment for early October. The last time I talked to the shop they wanted my jeep for at least 2 days so Im going to have to talk at least a day off work to drive there since the shop is 2+ hours away. Probably could have a better shop since they specialize in jeeps: Jeeperz Creeperz: Off Road Parts & Accessories for most makes, specializing in Jeeps.

Just had to share my anticipation/excitement.
98 5.9 ZJ: 4.5" IRO + 1" spacers w/IRO front adjustable long arms and rear adjustable CAs, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, JKS quick disconnects, IRO belly skid, Bilsteins, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MT sidebiters, ARB bumper w/ WARN M8000 and 2 55W Hella Black Magic, JCR stage 2 sliders, Bushwackers, AEM CAI, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, 3" Kolak exhaust w/Flowmaster 44

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 09-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #36
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

I got my tires today and had them mounted and balanced and all I can say is . Called my shop and Im all set up to get everything installed on Oct 14th. Let the countdown begin!!

Took a few teaser pictures:

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #37
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

screw the wait do it urself save the money and have some fun getting greasy im sure you have a friend thats done some suspension work before all you have to do it unbolt and bolt in the new stuff man

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #38
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

This is gonna be one of the sickest zj on here after it's done.
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #39
Nubster
2002 WJ 

Just curious...did the shop give you a price on the install? I don't have my grand yet but I am lifting it asap when I finally find one. I am still on the fence whether I am going to try it myself or have it done. I usually have TERRIBLE luck when it comes to working on my vehicles.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #40
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Just curious...did the shop give you a price on the install? I don't have my grand yet but I am lifting it asap when I finally find one. I am still on the fence whether I am going to try it myself or have it done. I usually have TERRIBLE luck when it comes to working on my vehicles.
Yea they said $300 which includes the alignment

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #41
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

what ever they plan to charge is to much just take your time and you will be fine and you can be proud of ur rig since you will be building

Edit: $300 aint bad at all but I would never pay that to someone

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #42
Nubster
2002 WJ 

Yeah...that isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course local shops near me I am sure will be different but perhaps in the same ballpark.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #43
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Well I droped her off on Thursday and picked her up on Saturday and she is finally lifted and all I can say . The shop ran into a couple minor problems putting it on though. A couple control arms bolts needs to be cut off, the crossmember would not fit properly because of the diameter of my exhaust pipe so they had to crush my exhaust a little, and the factory t-case skid plate would not work with the IRO crossmember so they had to take that off too. But all in all everything went on smooth and looks great. On the drive back I got it up to 75 on the highway with no problems at all. Im going to have to trim my bushwakers a tiny bit because of rub at full lock. The much anticipated pics will come this afternoon.

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #44
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

pics now! haha cant wait to see this beast man
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #45
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

Gonna look amazing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.