donha1mn's 5.9 build thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > donha1mn's 5.9 build thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #286
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Check out my build thread about monstalining the floors. Love it
That looks great. How's it holding up after a year? Any difference in road noise or heat as time went on?

98 5.9 ZJ: 4.5" IRO + 1" spacers w/IRO front adjustable long arms and rear adjustable CAs, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, JKS quick disconnects, IRO belly skid, Bilsteins, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MT sidebiters, ARB bumper w/ WARN M8000 and 2 55W Hella Black Magic, JCR stage 2 sliders, Bushwackers, AEM CAI, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, 3" Kolak exhaust w/Flowmaster 44

In the garage: 8.8 w/4.10s and LSD, Artec 8.8 swap kit and truss

My 5.9 BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1095938/

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
donha1mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #287
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donha1mn

That looks great. How's it holding up after a year? Any difference in road noise or heat as time went on?
It's holding up well just some scuff marks in high traffic areas, but that's expected lol heat and road noise have stayed the same level
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #288
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

I ordered my monstaliner last week and is scheduled to be delivered today. I took advantage of the promo they're running with free chassis saver and free shipping. I still have a lot of prep work to do. I broke 2 of the bolts that hold the front seats down so I've got to get those out. I'm having a hard time finding MEK locally so I'll probably have to settle with the substitute from Home Depot which I read will work fine.

I still haven't tracked down where the water is coming from. I thought it might be coming from the door seal where I had my wires running to my roof lights so I took those off. I also ended up taking off my roof rack and rear lights. Nothing stopped the water coming in as I had 1/4" of water the next time it rained a couple days later
98 5.9 ZJ: 4.5" IRO + 1" spacers w/IRO front adjustable long arms and rear adjustable CAs, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, JKS quick disconnects, IRO belly skid, Bilsteins, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MT sidebiters, ARB bumper w/ WARN M8000 and 2 55W Hella Black Magic, JCR stage 2 sliders, Bushwackers, AEM CAI, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, 3" Kolak exhaust w/Flowmaster 44

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #289
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

After countless hours of prepping, I finally installed the monstaliner this past weekend. Friday evening I put the first coat of chassis saver down and I put the second one down around 7am Saturday morning. First coat of Monstaliner went on around 3pm and second coat around 6 pm. I also did a third coat in the front around 7:30 and I still had a little under 1/5th of a gallon left. So far everything is holding up great. I still need to refinish the seat mounts and brackets and get everything put back together. It's supposed to rain most of this week and I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I'm looking at approximately 2 weeks before everything is said and done with.

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #290
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Pics!!!
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #291
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

Everything is put back together and I drove it for the first time in a couple months last weekend. Two things I noticed. It still stinks inside even weeks after I put it in and the floor does get a little warmer inside after driving for a while. I also replaced some seals around the doors and windshield. It has rained a couple times and no water inside so far .

I also did some other things while I had everything torn apart.
-I re-routed my wires through the firewall where as before they were just stuck through the door(which is where I think the water was coming from)
-Tore out the VIC and made a switch panel in its place
-Put new speakers in the sound bar
-Took everything off the roof including the roof rack. Anyone want some 5.9 cross bars?
-I had to replace the amp as the original one was corroded from the moisture. I just bought a replacement stock amp. I didn't want to have to rewire everything.
-Replaced my tinted tail lights with OEM

Im selling my light bar and one set of my slimlites and keeping the other set. I'm going to buy a set of A pillar mounts for the set of lights I'm keeping. I think my battery is on its way out as it won't hold a charge for **** even after sitting on a charger for hours. So before winter I'll be getting a new battery and I'm going to replace my terminals while I'm at it. I'll throw up some pictures when I get home from work today.

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #292
donha1mn
1998 ZJ 

The niner is going in for surgery next week. I'm finally having the 8.8 installed. I've spent the last couple weeks getting the last few parts together. I'm waiting on one more package that should be delivered by the end of this week. Hopefully it doesn't snow again in March because I won't have 4wd until I swap the front axle and regear. I'm dropping it off on Tuesday night and I'll be picking it up Friday.

Back in October I finally got a new battery. I ended up getting a diehard deep cycle from sears. I've been real happy with it so far. I actually got to test the battery using the winch while I was deer hunting. I was heading back to camp from my stand and took a wrong turn on a two track. Some of you may know being in the middle of nowhere it is pitch black and trails look completely different than they do during the day. My GPS said that this particular two track linked up with the one I needed but little did I know, the DNR closed it down several years ago. The trail kept getting tighter and tighter and I went down into this ravine. As I came up the other side the trail immediately dropped into a low area next to a river bed. I couldn't see how bad it was until it was too late. I pretty much sank almost right away. I never actually got stuck but I couldn't get enough momentum to carry me back up the hill. I ended up using my winch to pull myself out and everything worked flawlessly. The winch paid for itself it one use. On my way back out, I noticed new noises coming from underneath. To be on the safe side I took it to a 4x4 shop in the nearest town. I ended up breaking rear sway bar mount and a transmission mount. They were very helpful and got her fixed up in a couple hours.

I'll be sure to post up some pics after the jeep gets some new legs under her.

RIP TROY
RIP RATMONKEY

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.