Does your spouse ever get mad about you spending time on your ride? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Does your spouse ever get mad about you spending time on your ride?

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
mississippiwj
2000 WJ 

Does your spouse ever get mad about you spending time on your ride?

I know my wife does. Gets pissed when ever I pop the hood or anything like that. Says I never work on her stuff. I have to say I'm going to my moms or somewhere else to do what I want to it. She says when I'm not working or away for NG I'm always outside tinkering. I think she is just jealous. Lol I just can't stand to be stuck inside the house. He'll if she would come outside she could help.

So what about you guys? I know my 4 boys love wheeling with me and the oldest( 13) loves helping me with my jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

mississippiwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

I could easily spend a few hrs a day on mine, just cleaning, detailing, fixing, modding it.. My wife would kill me if I did that XD
The list of stuff that 'NEEDS' done does seem to keep growing quite a bit every week though...
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
mississippiwj
2000 WJ 

Yea same here. needs List keeps getting just as long as the want list. Funny thing is I have stuff I order shipped to my moms house so the other won't see it. And for the record I do keep her truck in good working order, all maint and everything else I do. Just got done last weekend installing a double din dvd unit and TVs in her denali. She has the good stuff

mississippiwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippiwj View Post
Yea same here. needs List keeps getting just as long as the want list. Funny thing is I have stuff I order shipped to my moms house so the other won't see it. And for the record I do keep her truck in good working order, all maint and everything else I do. Just got done last weekend installing a double din dvd unit and TVs in her denali. She has the good stuff

fancy.. Makes my 7yr old JVC cd player seem beyond obsolete.. Eventually, I'll have that too *sigh*
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Our WJ is my wifes DD, so she doesn't mind me working on it at all.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #6
greenbeater
1968 FSJ Wagoneer 

we have several vehicles, and regular stuff is fine, cause they all need it, as for extras or mods.. as long as i show her vehicles some love from time to time i dont get much fuss other than she wants to see me more. i got lucky!
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Not my spouse but my girlfriend gets all the time to do her stuff with horses so its only fair I get my time with me jeep
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #8
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

My wife usually comes out with me and plays with her ZJ while I work on mine. She doesn't know a lot mechanically, but if nothing else she'll wash hers while I'm doing nuts and bolts stuff. She did redo her hedliner (princess pink) all by herself.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

My Fiance hates when I tinker or even talk about my Jeep. I just tell her its a hobby
Unread 03-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Mine gets mad when it isn't ready so I rarely get told not to work on it. She likes 4wheeling just as much as me.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #11
USMCGunrock
2004 WJ 

My WJ is the replacement for my XJ which was totaled when it got stolen, still sitting in the driveway waiting for the temps to go up some so I can start parting it out. Anywho, my wifey doesn't mind. When I wash mine, I was her DD. Now that we have our first baby on the way she is encouraging me to start selling parts from my XJ so I can lift my WJ. She is very supportive actually. She's got me a good amount of stuff for my XJ and will probably chip in for my WJ
USMCGunrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.