Does Brake Control Harness Activate Trailer Charging Circuit?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Does Brake Control Harness Activate Trailer Charging Circuit??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
gowestwardho

Does Brake Control Harness Activate Trailer Charging Circuit??

I have a 2012 GC Overland with the HD Trailer Tow Pkg IV.
I am getting a brake controller for the new travel trailer I bought.

Does installing this automatically activate the charging circuit which is one of the lines running to the 7 prong plug on the bumper? Or do I also need to run a line for that somewhere/somehow?

Basically I want to know that if I installed the brake controller myself will I then have the charge circuit wiring to charge the trailer batteries while I am running? Or do I also need to have someone run this wiring? (In which case I might as well have a trailer jockey do the entire install for me?

Thank you.

gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.