Does ANYONE read the FAQ anymore?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Does ANYONE read the FAQ anymore??

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #16
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
You probably have no idea how many people actually do read it. No one starts a thread saying "I am all good here, I found the answer in the FAQ. Thanks, bye!"
thats why this guy is a mod. hes very witty and always good for a smile.

JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #17
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Haha, just you watch. Some smart *** is gonna read this and post it. (i sure am thinking about it...)
Haha i'm sure we are all thinking that
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
JeepontheRocks
2002 WJ 

Hey I just wanted to let you know I read the FAQ

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepontherocks-build-thread-1047298/"]My Build Thread[/URL][/CENTER]
JeepontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

my build thread - 44,442 views

FAQ - 20,631 views

hahahahahaha
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLNinja View Post
my build thread - 44,442 views

FAQ - 20,631 views

hahahahahaha
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
You probably have no idea how many people actually do read it. No one starts a thread saying "I am all good here, I found the answer in the FAQ. Thanks, bye!"
orly?

<-- juvenile
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clninja View Post
my build thread - 44,442 views started 07-05-2007

faq - 20,631 views started 10-16-2009

hahahahahaha
Unread 05-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #23
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
i would say not all JFer's are the ones who post right away all the questions that they have in their brain. Some choose to creep for several months searching old threads and bumping them (almost as bad as starting new threads) with new questions and comments. 90% of the time their search would bring them to the FAQs, which they would then read. this is about me, if you haven't noticed, it's why poeple call me the Jeep god
If I recall, You like to scold members for putting a direct link to FAQs for noobie questions...

Oh, I forgot, to bow before my Jeep God...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #24
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Just for shizzles and giggles, I just did a search for tire size and out of 13 pages of results, nowhere was the FAQ section. If it doesnt show up in a search, how can you expect people to reference it? A lot of people dont quite know how forums work with the stickies and what not. Forum etiquette isnt something that is taught at a young age.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #25
Yesfan70
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
.......Forum etiquette isnt something that is taught at a young age.
I agree, but some of the "older folk" don't really try to grasp it either.

Just my initial impressions, but it seems there is no win-win for some people. One either gets blasted with a few replies to their post "suggesting" to use the search function due to that question being asked 100 times this week. On the other end, you have that one person who gets ribbed and ridiculed for bumping a 5+ year old thread because they used the search function hoping to find answers. Funny thing is, it's the same class of people.

I am a firm believer in the search function, but I'm also a firm believer in showing one some respect and courtesy. Just because 100 different people ask the same question at once doesn't mean everyone of them didn't bother to do a search first. If they are new, maybe just make a suggestion on using it (don't blast them about it). Or maybe do like I do sometimes and post a set of results from doing a search with a "hope this helps you out" at the bottom or something.

Who knows, that might be the difference in whether that person wants to stay here and becoming a supporting member or decide to go somewhere else.

Just saying...........
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #26
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
Just my initial impressions, but it seems there is no win-win for some people. One either gets blasted with a few replies to their post "suggesting" to use the search function due to that question being asked 100 times this week. On the other end, you have that one person who gets ribbed and ridiculed for bumping a 5+ year old thread because they used the search function hoping to find answers. Funny thing is, it's the same class of people.

This is why a buddy of mine who just bought a jeep said "everybody on jeep forum are a$$holes" He asked a few noob questions and got jumped immediately.
narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #27
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

perhaps it's simply passed on. i GENERALLY answer noob questions, because i was there too. check my threads, the evidence speaks for itself. i was hacked and sliced apart for asking things that i didn't find on here. i think the only thing that put me over the edge the other night i posted this, was 2 BB/TIRE questions, one below the other, posted 10 min apart, with the same question.

with that said, for those i may have frustrated when i was noob, i'm sorry, but thanks for not driving to my house with a bat.
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #28
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
i GENERALLY answer noob questions, because i was there too.
I'm with ya. I try to answer simple questions, and any post I see that says "new wj owner" in my replies to them, I ALWAYS send them to wjjeeps.com for basic knowledge of their jeeps.
narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #29
charger
2001 WJ 

The FAQ does not work for me, I have tried putting various things in an it finds nothing
charger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #30
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger View Post
The FAQ does not work for me, I have tried putting various things in an it finds nothing
There are two different FAQ's. First, there is the one at the top of every forum where you can type in keywords and it does a search for you, I think this is the one you're using. That FAQ is only used for forum related questions. For example type in "post" "thread" or "moderator" and a list of explanations comes up.

The other FAQ is in the ZJ/WJ Tech Forum and stickied at the top. This is the one everyone is referring to when they talk about the FAQ. Other forums like the YJ or TJ forums have these but they aren't relevant to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.