dnuccio's build thread-1995 ZJ Limited - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > dnuccio's build thread-1995 ZJ Limited

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #91
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

was gonna get an axle last weekend, but couldnt get the control arm bolts out, they were rusted into the bushings. ended up just pirating the yoke off it. gonna borrow a torque wrench and swap it over.

in continuation of my trailhawk theme, i picked up some jeep steelies from my neighbors yard sale for 20 bucks. gonna paint them dark grey.

also took off my clearance lights because one became a projectile on the freeway. guess i shouldnt have used the cheapest 2 sided tape i could find. oops

Unread 04-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #92
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

put in all new cooling system parts today. new radiator, water pump, upper and lower hoses, bypass hose, and thermostat.

all went according to plan, except for when we started it up afterwards to start cycling the coolant thru it. there was a big air pocket in it, and the temp creeped up to around 240. my dad thought he should open the rad cap. that **** was like a geyser!

got the air out, topped up with coolant, and now she runs at around 205. i put in a 180* thermostat to try to keep it a little cooler during the summer. it gets insanely hot in arizona! i was in a fast food drive thru the other day and the temp gauge was pegged

today when took the thermostat housing off, there was no thermostat in there! wtf!
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #93
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

first coat on the wheels

4 coats

new valve stems
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #94
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Before:

After:
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #95
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Looks awesome! So much better than the snowflakes.
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #96
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCjunkie93 View Post
Looks awesome! So much better than the snowflakes.
thanks! I like them alot. The best part is the steelies will be free and then some when I sell the snowflakes
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #97
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Subbed. This is one of my favorite builds. Plus I get a lot of idea from your build. Lol.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
KyleSekora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #98
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Is your Jeep only half trail rated?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #99
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Is your Jeep only half trail rated?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
my buddy gave me the badge, haven't found another one cheap enough yet
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #100
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSekora View Post
Subbed. This is one of my favorite builds. Plus I get a lot of idea from your build. Lol.
thanks! really means alot!
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #101
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

might've found a buyer for my snowflake wheels, so if the deal works out, I'll be doing the Taurus e-fan swap this weekend. Even since the cooling system overhaul, the jeep still runs really hot sitting in traffic, and at speed with air moving thru the radiator, its still hotter than I'd like it (still around 225)
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #102
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

buyer on the wheels fell thru. dad says he'll give me the money for the fan when he gets paid friday. i need a job!!

went to pick n pull today to kill some time, left with a couple horns from an early 90s caddy.

im running 4 horns total now; factory jeep high note, GM "F" note, GM "C" note, and GM "D" note. sounds like a train horn, just a bit queiter

also finally found a factory trailer wiring harness with the 7 way plug.

grabbed the relay set too, but turns out mine already had it. probably because mine came with trailer prep.

all for a grand total (get it? GRAND? ok ill shut up....) of $0. junkyard was closing and the guy told me the registers were already shut down, so i can just take it
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #103
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Nice score. Definitely get a vid of the horns!
P.S...I chuckled at the joke
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #104
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Nice build man. I love the trailhawk look. Mines a 95 white Laredo and I am going to paint my cladding black this summer. Now you have me wanting to do the trailhawk look too.... Except I hate to spray paint anything on the body that's not plastic as it won't hold up well long term and I can't afford to do it the right way so I'll stick with the white/black look for now probably. Keep up the good work
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #105
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
Nice build man. I love the trailhawk look. Mines a 95 white Laredo and I am going to paint my cladding black this summer. Now you have me wanting to do the trailhawk look too.... Except I hate to spray paint anything on the body that's not plastic as it won't hold up well long term and I can't afford to do it the right way so I'll stick with the white/black look for now probably. Keep up the good work
thanks!
my dad had his paint guy at work do the hood. he did the hood, the rear louvers (they were faded) and he did the rear bumper cover all for a hundred bucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.