dnuccio's build thread-1995 ZJ Limited - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > dnuccio's build thread-1995 ZJ Limited

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #226
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

messed with the tcase linkage a bit. now for whatever reason it wont shift past 4 part time. so my only options are 2hi and 4 part time. thinking the little plastic pads on the shift forks mightve broken/fell off/whatever. seriously considering just throwing the 249 back in it and driving it til the wheels fall off.

Unread 10-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #227
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

got my front driveshaft back in and got the transfer case into 4 full time. thinking thats how its gonna stay. and went wheeling today! finally! pics later tonight after i get off work
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #228
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

started with breakfast...mmmmm bacon

found this guy just hangin out in the middle of the trail
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #229
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Camping!!

friday night my buddy and i drove out to bulldog canyon for a little camping trip. got set up and started the fire

woke up saturday morning, packed everything back in the jeep (probably 900lb of gear total) and went wheeling.

finished bulldog canyon, and we decided to ride up to sycamore creek. my first time out there, and i like it alot! 50mph on a dried creekbed sure is fun!

this is "the widowmaker"
its alot steeper than it looks

standing at the entrance to one of the paths, the previous picture was taken from where the jeep is

and thats about it! heres a moving truck on the freeway that left his back door open
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #230
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

been a while since i updated this.

not much has happened that i can think of.

this morning as i was pulling into the school lot, i was just about backed into a spot when i hear a "pop" and see smoke coming off the front end. "what the **** was THAT?" i get it in the spot and shut it off right away. hop out, and shes dumping trans fluid. emptied most of what was in there. **** well im already running late so ill sort out the bodies later. after school i crawled underneath and one of the trans lines was hanging there. hose clamp worked loose and the line came apart at a union i made, and subsequently ejected most of the red stuff. called my buddy and we dragged it home with a tow strap and his 01 dodge half ton. he made the wonderful choice to jerk the rope once and it tweaked both of my front tow hooks, so i need new brackets now. whatever i got the line fixed with a barb fitting. heres some pics of the mess i made

Unread 12-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #231
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Rip

well guys, the jeep is dead. saturday the transmission went. drives fine for a mile or so, but then it slips and gets all screwy. i dont have the time or the means to fix it right now, so its going up for sale on craigslist here.

i thank you all for the ideas and help along the way, but it looks like, for now at least, i will be leaving the ZJ world.
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #232
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

So much gayness...
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #233
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCjunkie93 View Post
So much gayness...
you're tellin me...
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #234
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

sunday the jeep went to the scrappers. i spent the last week stripping it down to the shell then we loaded it on my grandpas trailer and hauled it off. would you believe the body only weighed a little over 800 pounds?!?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.