Disabling horn on locking doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Disabling horn on locking doors

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Buddy1946

Disabling horn on locking doors

Hello all,
I recently purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee and am (slowly) becoming acclimated to all the electronics and features. The one thing I have been unable to find in the owner's manual is how to disarm the vehicle's horn from sounding when I lock the vehicle, say in a public parking lot or at home. The blaring horn, even though of short duration, is irritating to me and I know it is to others. Is there a way to "silence" the horn yet still be able to lock my vehicle with the keyless device?
Thanks!

Buddy1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
squire_wj

Your overhead console where it displaces your temp and direction. If you click the menu button 4 or 5 times it will bring you to an option to turn the horn on or off when locking doors.
squire_wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Buddy1946

Thank you! Before doing that can you tell me whether or not by disabling the horn on locking the doors it will also disable the Theft Alarm System? I would rather put up with the horn chirp than turning off the theft alarm. I appreciate your advice!
Buddy
Buddy1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
squire_wj

I am not really to be honest with you. I don't think it would, I suppose you could try. Turn the horn off have your window rolled down and lock the door. Then try to unlock the door from reaching inside threw the window. I did that once at work and it set the alarm off. I didn't even realize it had one till that point.
squire_wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy1946 View Post
Thank you! Before doing that can you tell me whether or not by disabling the horn on locking the doors it will also disable the Theft Alarm System? I would rather put up with the horn chirp than turning off the theft alarm. I appreciate your advice!
Buddy
I don't own a 2014, but I can promise you it does not disable the alarm system. It just stops the chirp. I have the same sort of options in my 2001. I can choose to have the lights flash as well.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.